Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
    I'm buying the time stuff I really am but it just doesn't go any way as to explaining the smoke monster does it?
    This is the best smokie (and a lot of other stuff) theory I've read yet http://www.quasiadam.com/theoryenglish.html

I love Lost.

Comment

I see someone's keping track of the unanswered questions here.

And this is one of the most interesting theories I've read, seems to tie up a lot of things and actually explain them quite well.

Comment

I thought Desmonds visions were linked to Charlie and now he has gone he has not had another

Comment

Having read what some of you's have been saying, im thinking that the flash backs they have to the 'suppossed future' where they are living in the 'real world' again, is not the real world. But they are still locked in the lost world. The example of the beeper, and the general lack of modern technology.

Heres a thought, when Jack talked to the pilot on eps 3 (the Lawnmower man dude ) they talked about a yankees game or some baseball game. Now im not a baseball fan but i am assuming that the result relates to a real life event (maybe) In which case, if it does , how long ago was this? As it might shed some light on the time line scenario.

Comment

112, the baseball remark was about an event in an earlier series when Ben demonstrates to Jack that they can still communicate with the outside world, and he does so by showing him sports footage.

Comment

which as it relates to Boston winning the world series it has to be in present day. Well around present day, the Red Sox won the the World series in 2004 for the first time in 84 years(?). They came back against the Yankees from 3-0 down to win 4-3 in the Championship series to take their place in the World series. The helicopter pilot makes a comment about being a Yankess fan too.

Comment

"thats why the red socks will never win the world series" is a line Jacks dad used to say alot too, which was obviously wrote into the show after the red socks did in fatc win the world series, probabaly for a laugh. That stuff is a character development thing though, not really anything to do with the shows plot.

The red socks would have won the world series a few weeks after they crashed on the island, as they crashed in 2004 and I presume its currently set in early 2005?
                Last edited by rmoxon; 19-02-2008, 17:57.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyS Badge View Post
                  which as it relates to Boston winning the world series it has to be in present day. Well around present day, the Red Sox won the the World series in 2004 for the first time in 84 years(?). They came back against the Yankees from 3-0 down to win 4-3 in the Championship series to take their place in the World series. The helicopter pilot makes a comment about being a Yankess fan too.
                  That just places the win in the past.

It could be argued by some Scots that they consider 1966 present day, mention it and beleive me the pain for them is just as hard as it was 42 years ago.

Comment

It's not us Scots that consider it present day, it's the other lot who still go on about it every time England play a game 8)

Comment

See, point proven.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
                        And this is one of the most interesting theories I've read, seems to tie up a lot of things and actually explain them quite well.
                        That is amazing, best explanation of the Smoke Monster yet and a really interesting way of looking at the 'portals/dimensions' idea. Even if its not right, the guy who came up with that should get the internetz...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                          That just places the win in the past.

It could be argued by some Scots that they consider 1966 present day, mention it and beleive me the pain for them is just as hard as it was 42 years ago.
                          not in the context of the show. Fourth year of the show but only a few months of time have passed on the island. Like I said Boston hadnt won it for 84 years so mentioning the world series win pins it down to being set in present day.... when it started. Remember the first thing Jack knew of the win was when Ben showed him the news report. His question to the helicopter pilot was "Did the Red Sox really win the World series?"
                          Last edited by RustyS Badge; 20-02-2008, 09:22.

Comment

Good fourth episode, all about one person. Name ->

And we do indeed find out who fourth of the Oceanic Six is, will say no more.

Comment

What a forth episode!! The ending was awsome, this series is so far surpassing the rest, am absolutely loving the flash forwards!!

aaron

Comment

Agreed, another superb episode. I had a feeling it would end it like it did as the episode unfolded but still a great little "twist".

Comment

Working...
                                X