No announcement yet.

Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just watched the finale and read all your theories, interesting stuff.

(I assume it's safe to not worry about spoiler tags by now?)

What really puzzled me, and surprisingly none of you have discussed, is how come the random bunch of new crashees on the island have suddenly become heavily involved in the whole plot.. an organised group even down to having secret passwords and knowledge of Richard. And the leader of this 'new' group of others is the woman who captured Sayid, it's just a little bit too coincidental for my liking.

Or did I miss something?

Comment

I think you missed something. In the finale, Jacob touched (literally touched) every one of them in their pre-Island lives!

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
        I think you missed something. In the finale, Jacob touched (literally touched) every one of them in their pre-Island lives!
        I'm talking about the new people, the ones who were on the Ajeera airways flight, not the Oceanic survivors - none of the flashbacks with Jacob involved ANY of those people, and after they crashed on the beach they didn't seem to know each other from adam... but now they are all on a mission together to Jacob's hut???

Comment

It did mate he visited her in hospital

Comment

I'm going to have to watch this again I think!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

2mins 18 secs into this video
              There you go saves you rewatching
              Last edited by johnno15; 07-06-2009, 13:15. Reason: changed link

Comment

That site has malware advertising, tries to force malicious software on you by not letting you close the browser window and triggering a .exe file download. Not good, had to use task manager just to get out of it. Beware.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                  That site has malware advertising, tries to force malicious software on you by not letting you close the browser window and triggering a .exe file download. Not good, had to use task manager just to get out of it. Beware.
                  Sorry it didnt do that to me must be because Im on a mac Ive deleted the link

Comment

Jacob even went to see that woman - who captured Sayid - in the hospital when she was all bandaged up (probably from burns)

Comment

I think the Black shirt only being able to use the image of dead people is spot on.
                      thats why he had to get locke back to the island - so he could use Lockes appearence to fool Richard into taking them to Jacob and so he could manipulate Ben into Killing him.
                      He obviously can't do it himself hence the line "do you know how much i want to kill you" the first time we see Jacob.

Its almost like God Vs the Devil. Both trying to manipulate others to prove themselves right.

Jacob obviously has a plan though. Maybe the man who was killed is just a physical body for "Jacob" and the pilot was a candidate for a replacement.

Also, the "there coming" line. It might have been Black shirt guy who transplanted the "touched" ones to the past, with the nuke bringing them back - and Jacob knowing this. There must be something special about those people hence black shirt guys look on his face. Maybe they are the ones who can kill him.

Maybe they both die, the Island dies? maybe its some sort of purgatory or prison for those two and they've been manipulating people for centuries (hence the old stone carvings)

Who knows. But i can't wait to find out.

Comment

Charlie back?

Speculation is rife that Dominic Monaghan is returning to Lost.

Rumours abound that the British actor, who played Charlie Pace in the hit US TV series, could be on his way back for the last and final season of the show, after he appeared on an ABC network promo.

The promo sees Charlie (Dominic) playing table football with other network characters Derek (Patrick Dempsey, Grey's Anatomy), Jules (Courtney Cox, Cougar Town), and Jay (Ed O'Neil, Modern Family) when Patrick jokes, "You're so dead," to which Charlie replies, "Actually, I wasn't."

Dominic's character Charlie was presumed drowned in the finale of season three.

The actor's publicist said: "He may or may not be returning to Lost. Viewers will just have to stay tuned."
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I've just re-watched Season 1 again. Remarkable how everything ties together. You notice and appreciate far more. Locke taking 2 queues from Coppola / Brando in the first episode, the first thing that hits you when you see him - he really is Death. He's had that role since the start.

When he's playing Backgammon, with the White and Black pieces; "It's a 5,000 year old game". Brilliant Even if they've made large chunks of it up as they've gone along, they clearly had the overall themes in mind from the start. Never played Backgammon, but I'm wondering if it ties in with where we are now - the two sets of characters, those in the Present and those in the Past, each representing one side of the "game".

The bit where Locke appears in a dream, one eye black, the other white, saying it's all happening because "You came here", meaning Aaron.

Just started Season 2, hoping I enjoy it more than the first time through. I went it wanting more of the first season, and it's very different; knowing that, I think it will work better for me

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                            I've just re-watched Season 1 again. Remarkable how everything ties together. You notice and appreciate far more. Locke taking 2 queues from Coppola / Brando in the first episode, the first thing that hits you when you see him - he really is Death. He's had that role since the start.

When he's playing Backgammon, with the White and Black pieces; "It's a 5,000 year old game". Brilliant Even if they've made large chunks of it up as they've gone along, they clearly had the overall themes in mind from the start. Never played Backgammon, but I'm wondering if it ties in with where we are now - the two sets of characters, those in the Present and those in the Past, each representing one side of the "game".

The bit where Locke appears in a dream, one eye black, the other white, saying it's all happening because "You came here", meaning Aaron.

Just started Season 2, hoping I enjoy it more than the first time through. I went it wanting more of the first season, and it's very different; knowing that, I think it will work better for me
                            Are you watching it on the recently released Blu-Ray sets? - if so what's the Picture Quality like, are they worth picking up?

Comment

Nah, not forked out for those. Borrowed the DVD sets from a mate. Did think about picking them up, read a review for season 4 I think it was, that said it looked absolutely stunning. Just the cost, buying them all would be £100 to £150 even going second hand.

I'm sure it looks great, the location will benefit from the HD colour range.

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post

Doing this myself, the past month or two we have gone from season 1 up to the end of season 4. Can't wait to watch season 5 again! I agree with what you say in that the main plot has been planned from the very beginning, so much from season 1 makes more sense in a rewatch. As a matter of fact apart from missing out on the 'OMGWTF' shocks as you know what's coming the show is better to rewatch as you notice so much more and really appreciate the excellent continuity. Lost is my favourite show of all time, absolutely can't wait for season 6 next year although I will be really sad when it's all over

Comment

Working...
                                X