No announcement yet.

Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now...how are all you UKers watching season 2 then?
    Thru t'Internet! You can download episodes from a million legally-questionable places, which I had better not mention.

Only 5 episodes of season 2 available at the mo ... the USA is taking a break. Should start up again next Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen
      Thru t'Internet! You can download episodes from a million legally-questionable places, which I had better not mention.

Only 5 episodes of season 2 available at the mo ... the USA is taking a break. Should start up again next Thursday.
      I don't think it's next Thursday, it's the one after that...

Comment

Yep - it's a 3-week gap, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
          [...]
          The show seems to be a master at using secrets to build tension. Not just keeping secrets from the audience - the lack of communication between the characters, though stretched well beyond reality in my opinion at times to the point where I started to call the show 'Island of the Retardos', was crafted perfectly to allow things to blow up just at the end of an episode for a cliffhanger.
          [...]
          I agree with everything you've written. The whole series so far has been a collection of set pieces that don't tie together and aren't ever discussed. You can argue that a. everybody has something to hide, and b. the island makes them all paranoid, but that doesn't make for satisfying closure.
          I watched the E4 episode recently with the father+kid+dog backstory. Is that near the end of the season already?

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen
            Why not mention? It's not as if NTSC-UK would be condoning piracy if we mentioned the name of certain sites.. not even a direct link!

TBH I am usually 100% against 'piracy' like games and stuff, but downloading a TV show from america just for personal watching because it won't be on UK tv for a year is justifiable. Heck, I would PAY to watch Lost series 2 legitimately, but i CAN'T!
            Last edited by MartyG; 31-10-2005, 11:23.

Comment

Please don't mention sites or link to them, they will be removed - this breaches the ToS for the forum. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nijo
                I watched the E4 episode recently with the father+kid+dog backstory. Is that near the end of the season already?
                nah, that's about Episode 14 or 15 (out of 25) plenty of season one left.

Comment

Originally posted by in5ane
                  Why not mention? It's not as if NTSC-UK would be condoning piracy if we mentioned the name of certain sites.. not even a direct link!

TBH I am usually 100% against 'piracy' like games and stuff, but downloading a TV show from america just for personal watching because it won't be on UK tv for a year is justifiable. Heck, I would PAY to watch Lost series 2 legitimately, but i CAN'T!
                  Actually, you can, and legally. iTunes allows you to download episodes of Lost for $1.99 each. I don't know if this is strictly for the US, but I can't imagine that it is. Look into it.

Comment

Or you could get a job working on the official magazine and have the licensor post you the episode each week Heh.

Comment

Actually, you can, and legally. iTunes allows you to download episodes of Lost for $1.99 each. I don't know if this is strictly for the US, but I can't imagine that it is. Look into it.
                      Would imagine that this would be in iPod video resolution, which I think is about 300x200, or thereabouts? Eeek!

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
                        Actually, it is strictly for america AFAIK, and the resolution is very poor, whereas via less legitimate means, you can have Hi Def resolutions, and 5.1 surround sound. Hmmmmmmm.

Comment

Hasn't anyone clever got round the iTunes US store problem fro those in the UK. What if someone if the US used bought someone in the UK a gift voucher, could that be used in the US store?

Comment

I would have thought so, there are places that sell Japanese iTunes cards.

Comment

Just a reminder to y'all ... it's back on American telly tonight ...

Comment

Just watched the new episode: looks like the page of "script" that could be accessed by the islandiswaiting code was total bollocks to throw people off the scent of what actually happened.

Bit disappointed with it, waiting 3 weeks and it wasn't *that* good an episode....

Comment

Working...
                                X