No announcement yet.

The Commando Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance someone can sort me out an avatar? Would love one of either Cook or Major Gen. Franlin Kirby.

Comment

Many thanks. Am chuffed to bits with my kick-ass avatar.

"**** you, ass-hurl!"

Comment

Cool, you picked the homoerotic "Silent and smooth as always John" one.

Fuse: Not that committed until you get an avy :P

And I watched it again and one of the best bits ever has to be just after Arnie kills Bennett gruesomely with a pipe, he looks up and there's his 10 year old daughter beaming back at him, proud of her murdering bastard father.
        Last edited by Alf-Life; 13-04-2005, 14:44.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse
          I'm nearly at the point now where I can recite the entire movie - how's that for commitment.

Amateur

Comment

My favourite quote from any Arny film is a Predator one...
            Carl Wethers accidently knocks a lump of wood down a slope making a noise... He looks up to see Bill Duke 1/2" from his face.....

"You're ghosting us mother****er.. You give away our position one more time, I'll bleed you, real quiet, leave you here".

Triple. hard. bastard. It's such a lairy thing to say that I find it hilarious!

Comment

lol, I happened to watch Pred the other night and that line came across as though Duke was a 1930s US bank robber. I kept expecting a 'see'. "I'll bleed you real quiet, seeeeeee..."

Comment

Need to ressurect the thread, as I managed to turn a Commando virgin onto the film yesterday, by pretty much forcing my mate to buy it on DVD down the car boot sale. I sold it to him by describing the uber camp genius of Bennett. I await his response.....

Comment

And his response was?

About 3 months ago on pay day, I went mad and bought as many decent Arnie films on amazon for silly cheap prices from ?3.99 to ?17.99 for the Terminator 1 & 2 box-set. I finally watched them all a week ago, which finished the Arnie collection that I have got with Terminator 2. This is what I bought for your information:

The Terminator and Terminator 2 boxset
                  True Lies
                  Total Recall (tin-case)
                  Predator (2 disc edition)
                  The Running Man
                  Commando

Sorry to revive this topic, but I would also like to know who or where do you get those avators from Commando because I always crack a smile when I see one. Some of the christmas related avators had me laughing!

Anyway, I think Predator is the best Arnie film - it is all about just 7 men (and that lady Anna) in a jungle trying to survive and is a serious film instead of being OTT that we normally see in most Arnie films. I love the interaction within all the men and they bonded.

Loved that mini-gun - did they input a 'GOD MODE/UNLIMITED AMMO' cheat or something?!

Yeah... The 80's era for films is still my favourite for different reasons. Shame we don't get anything like it nowadays; not even close.

Comment

I luv Arnie in Total Recall where he has the hologram thingy and tricks the guards towards the end of the film, by the oxygen tanks.

Arnie faces one direction

" hahaha you think this is the real quaid?"

Then turns to the guards and says

" it is....."

And kills them all.

****ing quality!

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial
                      Yeah... The 80's era for films is still my favourite for different reasons. Shame we don't get anything like it nowadays; not even close.

The closest thing I can think of is the Transporter movies, but they pale in comparison unfortunately. Jason Statham said he wanted to do a more darker, more violent flick but Besson was having none of it and they went overboard comedy instead. Shame really, I can really see JS shooting the **** out of bad guys and cracking a wry smile after

In terms of sheer violence, Sin city was a hark back to the 80's level of bloody nuttyness.

Oh, and Total Recall fukkin rawks tbfh. Cant get enough of that film. Benny was such a little bitch!
                      BENNY
                      Hey man, I got 5 kid to feed!

Then later on in the film after betraying them all . . .
                      BENNY
                      Hey, I got four kids to feed.

QUAID
                      What happened to number five?

BENNY
                      (grins)
                      Ah, ****. You got me. I ain't even
                      married.
                      (suddenly fierce)
                      Now put your ****ing hands in the air!

ROFL! What a ****! LOL!

he got screwed in the in end though
                      Last edited by bash; 05-12-2005, 13:36.

Comment

Pred is my fave too, though Commando is a close second.

Comment

Originally posted by: Extra Terrestrial
                          Anyway, I think Predator is the best Arnie film - it is all about just 7 men (and that lady Anna) in a jungle trying to survive and is a serious film instead of being OTT that we normally see in most Arnie films.
                          Come again.

Serious or not, Predator is a bloody fine film.

One thing I've noticed when people start talking about Arnie movies, is that Raw Deal hardly gets a mention. No, wait, come back!

I once thought it was crap too, but the more I see the film, the more its absolutely mindless brand of thuggery begins to grow on me.

Also, I especially like the final scene where Kaminsky is trying to motivate Harry to walk again, smashing stuff.

Anyway, I'll let you good people get back to Commando.

Comment

Commando is qulaity!!

One thing you should all beware of is that commando Region 2 is cut to absolute shreds. I swear the film is an hour long....Really crude cuts, almost ITV 1 style.

Baught the US version and it is far better.

Same thing with the R2 True Lies that was printed AFTER 2001...

Big Brother is watching you all...and he decided you can't watch violent films in their entirety...

Comment

I liked running man

Shame i only got the basic dvd version

Comment

Working...
                              X