The Commando Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commando gets Director's Cut

Commando is to get a Director's Cut with previously unseen footage, five minutes of it.

The new, as yet unrated film, is recut by the original Director Mark L. Lester and carries over five minutes of never before seen footage added into the film. The DVD will also carry the original theatrical release.

Here's the listing for the Region 1 DVD release, not high-definition I'm afraid:

Fox Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Commando (Director?s Cut) on 18th September 2007 priced at $19.98 SRP. Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, this unapologetic non-stop eighties action film returns to DVD with an all-new unrated version as envisioned by director Mark L. Lester featuring over five minutes of never-before-seen footage added back into the film. The original theatrical version is also on the disc, along with special features including director?s commentary, deleted scenes, featurettes and more.

Features include:
    1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
    English DD5.1 Surround
    French (Stereo) and Spanish (Mono) audio
    French and Spanish subtitles
    Seamlessly branched Director?s Cut with never-before-seen footage
    Audio commentary by director Mark Lester (on theatrical version only)
    Deleted Scenes
    Pure Action featurette
    Let Off Some Steam featurette
    Photo galleries with over 150 images:
    Creating Commando
    Domestic Bliss with John and Jenny
    Kill Arnold, Kill!
    Trashing the Galleria

Comment

BEST. NEWS, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers buddy. You just made my day!

"I eat Green Berets for breakfast!"
      Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

I remember before I joined this forum, and used it for browsing, everyone here seemed to have a Commando avatar screen cap.

I liked that running joke, question is- what happened to em all?

Comment

...let Off Some Steam!

Comment

I could watch Commando everyday.

Matrix: Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last?
            Sully: That's right, Matrix. You did.
            Matrix: I lied.

I hope Arnie makes some more films.

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS View Post
              I remember before I joined this forum, and used it for browsing, everyone here seemed to have a Commando avatar screen cap.

I liked that running joke, question is- what happened to em all?

Comment

Ginger Tosser still uses his.

Comment

Ginger Tosser's avvy is the best on here and always will be, in my eyes. Every time I see it I chuckle. And when he Xmas-ized it, I nearly shat with laughter. Brilliant stuff, brilliant film.

Comment

Clearly, if you're playing R6V there's only one choice of assault rifle, the same one Arnie 'Had to get from the shed!'

The Director's Cut is great news - but will it have the infamous "shut up!" scene included?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                      Clearly, if you're playing R6V there's only one choice of assault rifle, the same one Arnie 'Had to get from the shed!'

The Director's Cut is great news - but will it have the infamous "shut up!" scene included?
                      Tell me more sir?
                      Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

The 'shut up' scene takes place in the shed. After Big Arnie lops a soldier's arm off he thwacks him with it and tells him to 'Shut up'. If it's in there, I'll be happy for the rest of the hear.

Comment

Originally posted by nietzschedancing View Post
                          The 'shut up' scene takes place in the shed. After Big Arnie lops a soldier's arm off he thwacks him with it and tells him to 'Shut up'. If it's in there, I'll be happy for the rest of the hear.
                          isnt that in the USA version - if it is, this is still more unseen footage

playusa have it up for preorder with a release date in August

?10.99 is the price

Comment

just had a wee watch of the scene on the present R1 release and indeed the arm chopping scene is present, but Arnie doesnt say anything during the sequence

it is the officer who gave the orders to attack the shed, so it might be there in the directors cut, but Arnies lips dont move and on subtitles all there that is said is

Originally posted by soldier with 1 arm less
                            aah

Comment

IMDB says the arm-chopping was originally cut at the behest of the BBFc, but that the distributors later made cuts to the DVD version such as shortening the shot of Bennet letting off some steam (I noticed this myself). Apparently the BBFC has now cleared the movie in its entirity so maybe we'll get the DC version too?

Comment

Noone realise that none other than Bennett was the main villain, Ransik, in Power Rangers Timeforce? Was screwing round with Sky the other day and happened to recognise him slightly, not like you can mistake his hamacting villain skills. IMDB revealed it's none other than the man himself, Vernon Wells. Amazing.

It's on Jetix at like 5pm every day.

"I'M NOT JUST GONNA BLAST YOUR MEGAZORD BETWEEN THE EYES, I'M GONNA BLAST IT BETWEEN THE BAWWWLS!"

Comment

Working...
                                X