The Commando Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we need pics in this thread..

i have over ther top on dvd, its class!!

I bought NO RETREAT NO SURRENDER the other day too..

van dams ealier movie

I used to have the boxset on dvd tho the first one is another classic..

Almost as good as AMERICAN NINJA (got that too)

Comment

The first time it was on, I resisted buying the DVD, but now it's been on again and I still love it, I've gone and done the deed and bought the DVD. Great stuff!

Comment

(Too late now but) DON'T BUY THE UK DVD! It's cut to shreds... it's got like a minute missing.

Buy the European R2 (about a fiver) or the R1 NTSC (if you're not bothered about it being non-anamorphic).

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
          "Hooos yer daaadie? ......and wot dus hee doo!"
          I'm going to have to sample that and use it in a track.

I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet.

Comment

Man, as a kid I loved this film.

My mum and nan brought me a toy machine gun in a market and my Nan taught me how to make camo. Get a wine cork, light a match and burn the end. Voilla I looked just like arnie!

Me and my mates used to be in the woods near our house all day making camps and screaming lines from commando.

The pleasures of mis-spent youth!

Comment

Originally posted by master chief
              Me and my mates used to get wood near our house all day making camp gestures and screaming lines from commando.
              Fair play; live and let love and all that...

Comment

My favourite bit in Commando (at least, I think it is Commando - is definately an Arnie vehicle) is when he picks a guy up by the throat, then thrusts a knife into him, impaling him to the wall a foot off the ground. His line? "STICK AROUND!"

Another brilliant Arnie film moment is in Raw Deal, when the line "**** you, asshole!" is used, and the script almost becomes a parody of itself.

It is fantastic the way Arnie always ends up with an inappropriate, wholesome American sounding name - yet has never been able to use any other accent than his own. My favourite name he has gone under is the clumsy religious imagery of "Jericho Cane" in "End of Days". Arnie is a ****ing GOD.

Commando - absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
                  My favourite bit in Commando (at least, I think it is Commando - is definately an Arnie vehicle) is when he picks a guy up by the throat, then thrusts a knife into him, impaling him to the wall a foot off the ground. His line? "STICK AROUND!"
                  Pred. A. Tor.

Comment

"Welcome back John, so glad you could make it!"

Comment

...new avatar time!

Comment

It's all about Bennett. Although, couldn't find a screenie with him pulling the face when he delivers the 'Welcome Back..." line.

Comment

YES! In the style of Elton John in the Lion King:

Can you feel the (Bennett) love tonight?

Comment

I'll make it quick straight between the eyes

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                              Pred. A. Tor.
                              Just shows how Arnie's one-liner brilliance transcends individual films, IMO!

Comment

Haha. Love the Bennett avy. "I don't need the girl!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X