No announcement yet.

New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judging from the that trailer for next weeks episode it looks like it's an attempt to utterly bitchslap all those parents who were moaning that the first few episodes of this series were too scary. By making their offspring shat themselves!

*spoilered in case anyone doesn't watch them*

[HIDE][/HIDE]

Comment

The British Film Institute is to preview the final series of The Sarah Jane Adventures with an special family exclusive screening of the first story followed ... (from Doctor Who News)

The BBC has begun turning the wheels for the airing of the final Sarah Jane Adventures episodes.

Comment

Embarrassingly poor episode tonight, I thought. Didn't make any sense and wasn't remotely scary which was pretty good going for something featuring Brothers Quay-esque dolls.

Comment

Yeah, bunch of ideas thrown together but none of it really worked. Still, they can't all be classics can they?

Comment

Neat idea with some great dialogue but...

It comes down to the kid really. Particularly bad child actor, wasn't convincing or likeable. When the whole episode revolved around him that's a problem.

The doll stuff also didn't really fit in.

Comment

Liked it myself. The kid wasn't brilliant but the father was good fun to watch. Liked the atmosphere overall but not scary or anything.

Comment

Yeah, some funny lines but not scary. Next week's looks like it could be good.

Comment

The most bizarre thing about last nights episode was seeing a long forgotten toy that I'd owned once.

It was a black robot thing that scooted along the floor and after a few moments its head would open and there was a dinosaur that made a clicking noise before closing back up again. And before you ask, no I don't have any idea who would put a dinosaur in a robot suit.

Was really weird seeing that on the kids bedroom floor - I'd forgotten all about that until then.

edit: and here he is

well, kind off. I'm pretty sure the one I owned was smaller and more squat than this because it was a cheap knock off
                  Last edited by Spatial; 04-09-2011, 11:36.

Comment

Yup, no problems with it myself. Just a decent all rounder, some nice moments from the Doctor in there and the initial bits with the Dolls were done nicely enough. The kid didn't really do that much, the Dad did more and it held together well enough there. It also made perfect sense, more so than some eps this series. Maybe peeps should pay more attention

Comment

Sorry, thought it was utter tosh.

Comment

One thing that really bothered me on the last episode....

Why the **** would a "kid" seemingly afraid of his own shadow have monster toys out on his floor? Why were they not locked away in the cupboard? Would it have cost the BBC too much money to produce life sized, CGI robot dinosaurs?

Wasn't a fan of it at all, probably the weakest of the season so far imo (and yes, I enjoyed the piratey one!)

Comment

Interestingly, each week the Appreciation Index is revealed for each weeks TV and this weeks ep scored an Index of 86 which is a slight increase for the series

Comment

It reminded me of a slightly better version of "Fear Her" (or whichever episode it was from series 2 where the "scary" little girl's scribble drawings came to "life" and started "killing" people)

Comment

Now this weeks is FAR more like it. Obviously the low budget one for the season, but the script was very strong. I've found that modern Who works best for me in these smaller scope episodes (I loved 'Midnight' from a few seasons back for similar reasons).

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

Working...
                                X