No announcement yet.

New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it is as much casual as a longing.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
      The Doctors casual acceptance of death is rather annoying though, completely out of sync with Tennants Doctor which was only 18 months ago
      Doctors can be very different. It causes me more consternation that he loves/will love River Song even though she kills things for fun (and he even mentions that he likes this specifically about her in Day of the Moon), when most other Doctors have been pacifist to the point of annoyance.

Comment

The whole faith thing was a rip off of a Sylvester McCoy episode. McCoy even had to break his companions trust in him to beat the baddie.

Comment

I can only assume he's forgiving of River because he knows how she turns out and so feels he has to let things unfold without intervening and because she's the closest thing to a Time Lord he can get. Like he dismisses her killing because he's selfish.

In a fight of the Doctors I reckon McCoy's could take out a good few of them I mean, you don't take on the Doctor who killed Bertie Bassett

Comment

I've never really seen the old shows. Didn't like them as a kid.

Comment

Anything pre-McGann I find phenomenally hard to watch these days.

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
                The whole faith thing was a rip off of a Sylvester McCoy episode. McCoy even had to break his companions trust in him to beat the baddie.
                Curse Of Fenric, one of my favourite Who stories ever. Sexual undercurrents, hidden gay relationship and Ace creating her own destiny by saving the mother she hated. It was a shame it was mothballed after that as it was really starting to improve albeit it was still being produced on a shoestring budget.
                IIRC an episode of Red Dwarf at the time was enough to film half a season of Who.

Comment

Confirmation that Series 7 will be split in half again, also that it won't air until Autumn 2012. This means that the second half of Series 7 and Series 8 will air together in 2013 which backs up the earlier rumours about the scheduling being made to fit around having more episodes air during 2013, Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary.

Comment

What a disgrace. I thought Moffat said the American (read: BULL****) style series split was so that audiences would have a shorter draught of Who episodes. This news kind of pisses on that theory, don't it.

Comment

I can't stand James Corden and last nights Cyberman story felt like it came second to the Corden/Smith double act but actually, I rather enjoyed it. Smith clearly loves working with him and the Doctor was at his zany best with some great writing too. A decent light hearted filler episode before the heavy stuff.

Comment

I find Corden annoying as hell because he just seems to be in everything but he is pretty fun to watch on screen. It was a fun episode overall.

Comment

Corden does my head in but I thought that episode was good, I kind of liked the less frantic nature of it with them just being in a small room talking. It was kind of like the first smith episode when he was being eccentric but without all the tardis based arm flailing and spinning

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode even if the story was rather simple and throwaway. Like you guys have already said the pairing of Smith and Corden works well and is great to watch even if nothing much spectacular is particularly happening.

Cheesiest way to kill a Cyberman though....With love! And the acting with the cyber mouse thing attacking them had me in stitches lol.

Comment

If you watched them dicking around backstage on 'confidential' you can tell they really do enjoy working together.

Comment

There's supposed to be a third and final Corden episode next series which will be one to look forward to when it comes around, he does make a fun match for the Doctor and is more interesting in 5 minutes than Amy is in half a series. Whatever the get out clause ends up being next Saturday they seem to be sticking with the Doctor now being a little over 1,000 years old and the storyline with Amy and Rory having jumped on a year or two since he left them at their new house.

Comment

Working...
                                X