No announcement yet.

New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a bit all over the place. Good to be watching it again, but I found my mind wandering which never usually happens with the Moffat-penned episodes.

The mysterious space suited figure reminded me of Babylon 5 (maybe a touch of inspiration came from there) but fell a bit flat when it was revealed as just some girl we don't know.

Why was it so important that Amy told the Doctor she was pregnant, and why did she tell him first? What about Rory?

Comment

I think her impromptu confession to him as being pregnant was due to when she met The Silence in the bathroom and he told her to "Tell him". More reason why I think the pregnancy(eies?) and the aliens are tied together rather than Amy is actually pregnant all season.

Comment

Also where on earth did this name "The Silence" come from? I watched the episode twice and don't recall that name ever coming up.

Comment

The name came up in the previous series and is listed in the cast credits but I don't think the ep here mentions it other than that. I wonder if the reliance on 2 parters this series will make the whole run more confusing?

Comment

Even though I will be viewing online, I will actually be watching an episode as it happens!

Comment

New timelord!

Comment

Doctor's daughter? With Amy or River?

I can't remember what happened in that episode.

Comment

That left tons unexplained! That said Who is the best at OMG moments, love that closer. Episode 5

is called The Doctors Daughter... that would kind of mean he had 2

Comment

Have you checked to see if your hand is glowing?

Great ep, really smart how they beat them. The marriage bit made me chuckle

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                      That left tons unexplained! That said Who is the best at OMG moments, love that closer. Episode 5

is called The Doctors Daughter... that would kind of mean he had 2
                      Isn't there an S4 episode with that very same title? Wouldn't it need to be called something else?

Comment

You're right turn out the eps called

The Doctors Wife

lol

Comment

Wow that final scene blew my mind!

Comment

A lot to take in this week but, like Lost, I imagine it's a case of the mystery is far more interesting than the eventual reveal. Does this mean that it'll be a constant stream of, seemingly, unrelated or out of sequence events so that we've always got something to mull over and wonder about? It's almost like they're designed to get you excited by the little snippets on the 'next week' trail only to find it a big letdown when you actually see how they crop up in the story. Them all running around and getting
                            in the US? The doctor in a beard? Just seemed all a bit pointless when it was actually explained.

I thought that all the 'who, what why and where' moments took away from the Slience

who's (seeming) demise came about rather easily. Sure, if someone's got a gun they can kill them on sight, but what if you don't? Do you lunge at them and try and punch them in their non-mouths? Surely that means there's still gazillons of them throughout the world

?

Still thought it was rather a mess and hated the shootout bit but my son and I enjoyed it (even if he didn't really get most of it). I don't give a stuff if Amy's preggers or who River Song really is but it's got to be a lot better than Don't Scare The Hare!
                            Last edited by Wil; 01-05-2011, 07:51.

Comment

Thought that was great again, the whole section in the

childrens home

was first class TV. Loads of stuff unanswered from that episode, in particular there was a scene where

Amy sees what looked like a woman from the future saying "She's dreaming". What the hell was all that about?

I have a horrible feeling this series is going to get so many complaints from frustrated parents struggling to explain everything to their scared kids, that the next run will be more similar to the mainstream friendly RTD era.

Comment

Thankfully it looks like the show has managed to hold it's own despite the confusing opener. Final figures for the 1st ep are a little over 8m with the second part episode expected to be around 1m down from that. Not bad considering it's been over a sunny Royal Wedding Bank Hol weekend and how some found the 1st part a bit off putting. Should be easier sailing for the show through the next 5 eps.

Comment

Working...
                                X