No announcement yet.

New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the Darlek HR department use some galaxy wide extranet for their records, so when he got wiped it was cleared for races and systems?

It was a throw-away episode but better than the trailers suggested. I agree Mitchell and Webb were wasted, didn't even realise it was them until the credits. Williams was good though.

Comment

You guys are so negative! I thought it was a great fun episode. Pretty funny one too.

Comment

LOL ... seriously its just a TV series ... a damn good one though at that ... I found nothing wrong with the latest episode, yes M&W were underused fair enough but they were voices of two large robots, what else were they supposed to do exactly?

The Argos line was not there because the writers lack imagination, they are writing Doctor Who episodes so I would think they would a fair amount of imagination. It was said because it has relivence to every day (UK) life.

Seriously just enjoy it for what it is and stop being so hyper critical.

Comment

I didn't say I wanted Mitchell and Webb to DO stuff, I said they were a missed opportunity. i.e. an opportunity for some funny dialogue which wasn't taken advantage of.

Having the Doctor talk about Argos, current soap opera plots, and other mundane crap that even we Earthlings will have forgotten about the week after the episode airs shatters suspension of disbelief because the Doctor is not meant to be from Earth! Constantly referencing Earth culture exclusively does nothing but remind the audience that this is a character played by a human actor written by human writers, from Earth. And for what? A cheap joke that probably won't even make sense in a few years.

Comment

In a way, I don't mind the Doctor dropping Earth culture references. I always cringe when stuff's changed just to sound otherworldly - "Blimey, that thing's as big as a Acturian Nurgle-Rat!" and so on. Star Trek always does it.

Saturday's ep was a bit too panto for me, I must say.

Comment

Comment

Argos is an ancient Greek city, it'll prolly show up in ep5

Comment

Watched all three last night, really liked Asylum, surprised me how well they handled the newby in the first ep and it had a nice tone to it all.

Dinosaurs was the weaker one but still fun, after Series 6's convoluted arc it was nice to see single eps are back. Fun in places but throwaway.

Gunslinger ep was decent plus added kudos for having Ben Browder in it The forgetting theme seems to be a continuation of Moffat's ongoing plan to reset Doctor Who to more like it used to be where the whole planet didn't know stuff was going. It also plays into Series 6's set up for the 'Doctor Who?' mystery.

Nothing really to dislike unless being far too nitpicky. It's clearly a comfortable show again with itself and it's going to be on the air for years to come so just enjoy it

Comment

Hey look! The opening credits are getting darker each week...

Comment

I said the same thing to my good lady the other night. It will look like a Blackpool By Night postcard by the end of the series!

Comment

I didn't mind this week but it was the weakest of the 4 so far by quite some margin. The basic set up of 'what are Amy and Rory's lives like when the Doctor isn't around' was pretty much as we expected... not very interesting. I'm about ready for their departure, I still really like Rory and find him very watchable but Amy has become quite a drag on the show and I'm looking forward to seeing the new companion give Matt Smith something new to work with.

Comment

I liked the last one. The two before that were cack though, especially the third one.
                          Re-watched the first weeping angels episode in preparation for next week. That is utter class.

Comment

After all the hype and set up for the Pond's leaving next week I'm fully expecting it to just be that they choose to stop seeing the Doctor and lead normal lives but with a teary goodbye as they tell him to jog on.

Comment

I wish they'd got Sally Sparrow as his next assistant.

Comment

I'm curious as to how they're going to get the new assistant from Episode 1 to being in the show. She doesn't already know him so that rules out a past version of her (River style). I have a theory...

Comment

Working...
                                X