No announcement yet.

New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say that too. Given he effectively knows he's going to die, he's taking it a lot better than he did when he was the tenth Doctor

Comment

Not great drama of anything but the final series of Sarah Jane starts on the 3rd and 4th of October

Comment

Typical, just as I go on holiday... iPlayer ahoy!
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Thought the God Complex was a decent episode. David Walliams' character was a lot of fun, it was a shame when he just sort of became a bit of a dick. Happy to see Amy gone, too, though I'm sure she will be back very soon (I think she is signed for series 7 anyway). Really looking forward to the next episode though, as The Lodger was a favourite from last series, and with James Corden and the same writer, my hopes are high. Surely the Doctor working in a toy shop is guaranteed comedy gold, and that shot of the downed spaceship or whatever looks cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            Typical, just as I go on holiday... iPlayer ahoy!
            Where exactly are you planning to use the iPlayer?

Comment

I enjoyed the last episode but it made no sense really. We find out eventually that what's in each person's room represents something they've

put their faith in

. Well, please explain to me how one of the characters put

his faith in a gorilla

and someone else

a bunch of fit girls ridiculing him

?

Comment

Yeah that confused me a bit too.

I thought it was meant to be that the things in the room scared them so much that they resorted to their faith to "protect" themselves, and therefore got fed on

Was crap anyway. Far worse than the pirate episode that people slated so much.

Comment

Ah, yes. That makes sense now actually. Except when you see what Amy saw. Then it suddenly doesn't again.

Comment

Might be she was afraid of being alone and forever waiting (which ironically she did in the previous episode). The Doctors "room" doesn't make sense to me though...he doesn't know he is going to die does he? So he wouldn't see his murderer in that case. And either way he wasn't scared at all. If they were going by the true fear that lies deep within the Doctor I would say a Dalek was in there - remember how freaked he was when Eccleston first saw one?

Comment

Right, clearly I need your phone number to have you on standby during my Dr Who viewings! Well explained.

We don't know what the Doc saw though so probably no point trying to glean any info from his reaction.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Doctor knows

he's going to die

at this point. Doesn't it keep flashing up on the Tardis console, like at the end of The Girl Who Waited or Night Terrors, or whatever?

Comment

Yeah, he knows... as for what was in his room, my guess is himself.

As for SJA, proxy ahoy... failing that, torrent ahoy
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Amy's room made sense as given her experiences in Season 5 it would be an easy thing to see and then have her fall back on her faith

in the Doctor

. It's hard to think of what the Doctor would ultimately have faith in

Comment

I think the Doctors vision

was death. He made a comment about the minotour being trapped in a mobile box and how death would be a blessing, then said 'obviously i'm not talking about me'.
                              I think he knows death is coming and welcomes it as life is a rather lonely experience for him.

Comment

The Doctors casual acceptance of death is rather annoying though, completely out of sync with Tennants Doctor which was only 18 months ago

Comment

Working...
                                X