New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plot... erm... thickens...

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

The BBC attributing false statements to people?

Never.

Sounds like Eccleston made the right move in only signing on for one series.

Comment

Lol, the short list is amusing, surprised they aint got Terry Wogan lined up.

I know it goes against all my principles, but I think Richard E Grant would be pretty cool as Dr Who.

Comment

Grant slagged off the BBCi Who he's already done - why would you want him back..?

Comment

Richard E Grant should never be allowed anywhere near a television camera, tbh.

Comment

Good consistent stuff it gets 1 out of 1 for me. Humour, irreverence, death, deceit, action, err cool concepts. What else do you need?

Comment

Can't say I fancy any of those on the new shortlist to play the Doc

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed this weeks episode. It's immensely silly, but it's good fun. Proper saturday evening TV.

If the series continues at the same quality that it's shown already it'll be an absolutel corker.

Also

I couldn't help laughing at the Doctor's happy medium comment.

Top quality.

Comment

Yeah me too, the intro had some quality to it, the actual content of the ep was bloody silly and highly enjoyable.

Good nite for teev considering im ill, Hit me baby (Haddaway hah) and the dancing on BBC were good.

Comment

twas good

charles dickens sub plot was entertaning also

A fan???????

Funny stuff

Comment

Another thumbs up for tonights episode from me. Enjoyable stuff and good fun.

Proves I was right all along. Aliens really are from Brecon

Comment

Damn, missed it. Is it repeated on any of the BBC digital channels?

EDIT: it's on tomorrow on BBC3.
                          Last edited by anephric; 09-04-2005, 21:33.

Comment

My sister just said that she thinks that was one of the best Doctor Who episodes/stories ever. Possibly the best. I'm inclined to agree. It got every single thing it tried to do absolutely note-perfect.

The trailer for next week's episode, on the other hand, fills me with a cold dread. It looks like a bit of a clichefest, really. Alien invasion, national landmarks being destroyed, army intervention, etc. I hope there's more to it than there looks - this episode must have picked up some new fans, people who don't usually do the SF thing, and going for the big standard SF movie thing just a week later is likely to push them away immediately.

Comment

Really enjoyed this ep - Eccleston does carry the cheesey lines well.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                                Damn, missed it. Is it repeated on any of the BBC digital channels?

EDIT: it's on tomorrow on BBC3.
                                Being a sad old man who falls asleep spontaneously on the setee, I managed to doze through the Sunday repeat as well...

Ye gods I'm ****

Comment

Working...
                                X