New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
    They are making the daleks scarey because they are the chav version of the daleks.
    They have Burberry tartan outsides with gold dots with soverigns engraved on them, they have a huge exhaust out the back and just above their eye they have a cap peak.
    Like this one
    Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 25-05-2007, 19:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
      So looks like they are canon with the books then... if you have no idea what I mean, best check out the latest release "Galyfrey Chronicles" (not sure if it has been released yet, but the blurb on the back explains... some of what you need to know!)
      June for Gallifrey Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Filth
        The End of the World was great fun, much better than Rose and I enjoyed that a lot. I loved some of the gags... ipod, bitchy trampoline etc.

But how ****ing good does Mr Gatiss' episode look next week!

It's like being a kid again.

I know and it just going to get better

Comment

Originally posted by davidcotton
          June for Gallifrey Chronicles.

good lord people looking forward to Gallifrey Chronicles. I thought I was alone in my sad life

Comment

Well it's not every day you get to blow up your own world now!

Now admitedly I've not read much of the books myself... but someone I know has done his damn best to explain to me everything in the literature and audio canon relevant to the situation. Needless to say both his and my brain hurt now!
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

It's certainly pure doctor who....daft aliens, bad effects, crap acting and awful plots all intact.

Not impressed with the 2nd episode at all, I've been brought up on american scifi and this stuff doesnt hold a candle to it. Hoping it will get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Welrain
                It's certainly pure doctor who....daft aliens, bad effects, crap acting and awful plots all intact.

Not impressed with the 2nd episode at all, I've been brought up on american scifi and this stuff doesnt hold a candle to it. Hoping it will get better.

??? crap effects ???

Um those shots of the Earth carking it, were some of the best FX shots I've seen on TV they compared with the best of Smallville IMO. Stunning re-creation of the End of the World.

Then there's the inventiveness of the Alien design and prosthetic work. Jabe the tree woman had some of the best make-up I've seen. granted there were occasions where it wasnt as consistent but in the main I was very impressed visually. IMO the BBC aint matched it before.

Comment

Hmm, watched it tonight and it's enjoyable enough. The effects are okay, watching the Doctor Who docu on BBC Three after the show puts it into perspective. The effects really did used to be terrible, much worse than I remember! Now they're standard TV sci-fi level, it looks just like Babylon 5 to me or something like that.

I find Eccleston a bit annoying at times. He plays the Doc like a simpleton too much. All inane grins and simpering voice. Nobody can match Tom Baker!

Look forward to the Daleks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                    The effects really did used to be terrible, much worse than I remember!
                    For sure

i never was into DR who but i find it watchable now

true there are some cliche lines here and there and some suspect acintg but its entertaining and the characters were pretty good the story line i found interesting also

that layer of skin damn! some idea , very good

Comment

Originally posted by Welrain
                      Well, if you're after a story about a bunch of misfits/a deep space UN organisation travelling through space in a rogue ship that may or may not be insectoid in origin, with each episode featuring a big shoot-out, you're probably not going to get much from this tbh. I'd stick with the faaaar superior and not at all generic American stuff.

Comment

Thought it was pretty decent, it's not starwars but it's defanatly fun to watch if you don't take it so seriously.

Comment

Ive seen half way through the second episode and this time round I found it to be rather poor, despite liking the first episode. Maybe its just too silly for me now.

Comment

Stick around for Episode 3! Mark Gatiss's episode! Looks well scary! (ok I'll stop with the ! now!).

Comment

I enjoyed last nights episode as well. Like I said after watching the first episode the effects are really good given that its a TV production and not a major blockbuster film. I think some people have just been spolit by watching too many big screen extravaganza's.

And lmao at the `Ipod` Jukebox and the classic Brittney Spears !

It nice to see that they've captured and retained the Dr Who tradition of not taking everything too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                                Ive seen half way through the second episode and this time round I found it to be rather poor, despite liking the first episode. Maybe its just too silly for me now.
                                You should really watch the second half. I was pretty nonplussed by the first episode, but by the end of this one I was all "Pwhoar! That's proper Doctor Who! Only with decent script writing and acting and ****!"

Comment

Working...
                                X