No announcement yet.

New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it was bloody brilliant - the was the best one yet !

A clever plot that tied in nicely with the Doctor timeline and top acting from The Doctor as well as the Dalek (felt a bit sorry for it tbh).

Nice to see the same levitation as used in Genesis of The Dalek's as well

Comment

It was pretty good, but was a bit touchy-feely I, Borg as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
        Nice to see the same levitation as used in Genesis of The Dalek's as well
        Actually, it wasn't "Genesis of the Daleks", it was Remembrance of the Daleks. Genesis was a 4th Dr story explaining the creation of the Daleks. Remembrance was the one set in 60s London (meant to be just after the first Dr. arrives on Earth to bury the "Hand Of Omega" IIRC).

Again, doesn't fit continuity exactly. These Daleks are a serious upgrade from the last batch, but I suppose one can always blame time-travel tbh.

Still hope the Master hasn't been killed off.

Still deciding what I think about this episode. The new Dr. is quite a savage person sometimes. It's interesting, but a bit scary. Some of the dialogue was a bit torturous. And the whole DNA absorption thing didn't make sense really.

Agree with Anephric - trying to shoehorn existential angst into a Dalek in 45 minutes is never going to be hugely successful.
        Last edited by Crispin; 30-04-2005, 19:03.

Comment

"You would make a good Dalek."

Comment

It was quite touching in some places. The loneliness of the Dalek did come across as genuine. Though in Remembrance the last Renegade faction Dalek destroys himself upon hearing the fate of his homeworld, so why this one didn't do something similar upon hearing about the fate of his race escapes me.

Comment

So, the big Dalek episode at last! High expectations, almost like the return of Darth Vader!

I enjoyed it on the whole. Too much soppy stuff at the end, and as Crispin said the DNA thing didn't make any sense. But the Dalek looked good, and great to see more nods to the history of the series with the Cyberman head in there. I don't think there is a Cyberman episode in this new series though... well, maybe next series.

And speaking of next series, they had better find a way to bring the Daleks back, and have more than one of them too! And Davros of course. Looking forward to the new doctor as well, I'm really not a fan of Eccleston and his grin. I've been watching some old Tom Baker Doctor Who.. he's rather better.

Enjoyed Doctor Who Confidential this week as usual. Great idea to make them, and ideal extras for the DVD releases.

Is it worth buying the Peter Davidson Dalek story that's available on DVD?

Comment

I take it you mean "Resurrection of the Daleks"? It's an interesting storyline from what I remember and if you're trying to complete your collection, then go for it. But there are better Dalek stories.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                  Hmm. One Darlek doesn't make for a particularly exciting episode.
                  Check your pulse Marty. That was far and away the best episode yet. I'd rank it up there with Genesis of the Daleks. ****ing fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Crispin
                    Trying to shoehorn existential angst into a Dalek in 45 minutes is never going to be hugely successful.
                    Quoted for truth

Comment

loved the head of the cyber man

they proper scared me when i was about 8

used to hide behind the sofa

when it had the head in tonights episode the wife couldnt find me for 5 minutes </scared>

Comment

Actually, it wasn't "Genesis of the Daleks", it was Remembrance of the Daleks.

And the rest
                        *cough* Dr Who Geek *cough*

Seriously though, my bad

Comment

And the whole DNA absorption thing didn't make sense really.
                          It's called exercising your imagination.

Comment

I loved this Dalek ep, it was interesting to see how it was redesigned to combat the usual Dalek 'weaknesses'. I especially liked how they got the punger to appear to be pressing the buttons on the keypad.

Comment

"Exterminate"

Thought I'd seen it somewhere before.

Comment

It's axiomatic that the way to tell Dr Who fans and Star Trek fans apart is that the Whovians smell worse

Comment

Working...
                                X