No announcement yet.

New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. It was OK. I didn't dislike it as much as some on here obviously did, insofar as I found it kind of engaging and a pretty effective way to while away 45 minutes, but I also don't think that it was anything special, at all. I'm not a big Christopher Eccleston fan, and while he wasn't atrocious as The Doctor, his cheeky-chappy approach did nothing to endear him to me. It was the crapness of the special effects that really got me, though. I've never been a fan of self-parody in TV, it strikes me as a lazy alternative to making serious TV funny through the virtue of a sharp script (The West Wing, any of the Joss Whedon shows, for example). Given that parts of the episode suggest that this is a fairly high-budget venture, why not just make the whole thing lavish and convincing? I'll keep watching, but I'd certainly not prioritise it over the other good stuff on TV atm.

Comment

10.5m ratings apparantly. Depends if that was the "lets see what its like" factor though. Beat ant and dec though.

Comment

Watchable trash.
        Not very good, but certainly entertaining and I'm definitely watching next weeks show, work permitting.

Will there be Daleks any time soon?

Comment

Episode 6 for the dalek one called erm "Dalek". Written by a bloke called Rob Shearman. If its as good as his other stuff it should be top notch.

Comment

daleks appear in episodes 6, 12 and 13 ... love the pics of the dalek chained up in the tardis

Comment

Didnt really enjoy it, and decided to watch something else over the last 5 minutes. Definitley wont make a date to watch it in future

On saying that it's good to see it back on the tv.

Comment

I thought it was rather terrible looked and sounded like a CBBC program.
                oh dear

Comment

It was okay. Eccleston got on my tits very quickly. Shame I couldn't get on the Piper's tits as readily...

Comment

I think it is ok, but it is bit too silly sometime. It seem to me it is a Dr Who Spoof. But I will watch next week to see it is get better.

Comment

I thought it was great. I grew up with Tom Baker as the Doctor and I thought Christopher Ecclestone was easily the best one since. Some classic lines in the episode too.

"Lots of planets have a north."

Comment

I quite liked it, I wasnt expecting it to be as entertaining as it was but the Doctor seems like a interesting enough guy and Billie was surprisingly well suited for the role. Good harmless fun, and Im sure the kids will love it, just as I loved the old series when I was a youngster.

Comment

It was ok. Next episode looks better, although the next episode did remind me of The Restaurant at the End of the Universe for some reason...

Comment

I thought that this was a fantastic start to a new series. You have to remember that most shows first episodes aren't very good as they are mainly just use simple plot lines to introduce the characters. I am sure this show will just get better and better. Top marks to the beeb for making a sci-fi show instead of another darn detective or hospital drama. I actually feel like my license was worth paying this week.

Comment

I very much enjoyed this new episode of Dr. Who - I thought Christopher Ecclestone was a brilliant Doctor, a little bit insane, a little bit cheesey is exactly what it's about. Billie Piper wasn't as woodern as people have been making out, and certainly beats "Ace" as an assistant. I thought the arm strangling the Doctor was pretty funny too

Comment

I thought it was excellent too, extremely entertaining - perfect for tea time viewing

Comment

Working...
                                X