No announcement yet.

New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and there's actually something good on tv on saturday night again ))

Comment

Exactly. It was the first programme on at 7pm on a Saturday that I have watched in about 10 years. Seriously. And I liked it, and will watch it next week.

Comment

I just watched it and must say it's much better than I expected. It was all quite light and simple, but with enough fun to keep things interesting. I liked the story even though it was stupid, and the acting was decent; especailly Billy Piper, who gave a natural warm performance.

I think it's perfect evening family fun; if I was 10years old it would get 5stars, but I'll knock one off and give it 4. 8)
        Last edited by Leon Retro; 28-03-2005, 18:44.

Comment

Thought the 1st ep was a bit cack TBH;

next weeks looks quite good though. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I just get the horrible feeling the first episode is gonna be the best of the series (guessing the Beeb knew everyone would watch the first episode) here's hoping I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
              I just get the horrible feeling the first episode is gonna be the best of the series (guessing the Beeb knew everyone would watch the first episode) here's hoping I'm wrong.
              Disregarding the fact that doesn't make much sense, I'm led to believe it's actually the weakest of the lot.

Time'll tell.

Comment

It was awful, a direct rip off of an old Doctor Who episode, a weak story which was laughable, actors who couldn't

Oh and it was in London, as that is the only place in England *anger*

The BBC hamming it up for months on end as well was paticularly annoying.

BBC complaints here we come

Comment

set in london filmed in cardiff.

I'll agree with linkster too and I think Rose will be one of the weakest episode's of the new series. Episode 8 looks really scary as does 9 and 10

Comment

I want to know: how in hell are they going to make the Daleks scary again?
                    Seriously.
                    Back when they showed the early series of Who, I guess trundling dustbins with sink-plungers would have been terrifying. But now they look and sound silly. I think they should have updated the design to look a bit more prang. Or something.

Comment

Some lovely stuff in there - Ecclestone has got the crazed enthusiasm of the Doctor down perfectly, and Billie as Ace-dialled-to-11 feels like she's going to work as a companion.

I agree that the pacing was completely crap, though. Basically, you can't do a whole Doctor Who story in 43 minutes. It's 90% an origin episode for Rose, though, so the fact that the 'A' story of plastic monsters felt rushed isn't the end of the world. The real test is whether or not the next one has the same problem.

Comment

I found it hilarious but I'm not sure whether it was meant to be or not. There were a couple of brilliantly absurd lines in it: upon getting attacked by mannequins Pipers asks "were they students?"

"What exactly is a police call box?"
                        "It's from the 1950's!! It's a disguise!!"

Originally posted by cassidy
                        set in london filmed in cardiff.
                        It certainly doubles well for London; Houses of Parliament, red double deckers and massive ferris-wheel things going on.

Comment

It's all 1/8th big chads, they employ really small people to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
                            I found it hilarious but I'm not sure whether it was meant to be or not. There were a couple of brilliantly absurd lines in it: upon getting attacked by mannequins Pipers asks "were they students?"

"What exactly is a police call box?"
                            "It's from the 1950's!! It's a disguise!!"

It certainly doubles well for London; Houses of Parliament, red double deckers and massive ferris-wheel things going on.
                            both those lines quoted were meant to be funny yes. AS was the heat line and the every planet has a north line.

Comment

Originally posted by Tig
                              I want to know: how in hell are they going to make the Daleks scary again?
                              You'll find out the answer when they appear. Needless to say they've erm... "updated" the old death ray to be a might more scary looking when it hits someone

And if you want to be left in suspence... then DON'T click this link!

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Can they go down stairs yet though?

Seriously though - I thought Ep 1 was pretty darn good. I mean, it had HUGE hype so was always gonna leave some people disappointed but overall I think the Beeb have pulled it off.

Even the wife was enthralled and has asked me to tape next weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X