• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Orgun
    Hmm never heard of that store before
    Forbidden Planet London
    179 Shaftesbury Avenue,
    London WC2H 8JR

Comment

just got the DVD today, and have to say i though it was excellent....just like the TV show.
      i was a little disapointed not to see more of shepard book

and obvioulsy wont see nay more of him

, toward the end of the tv series i thought he was one of the more interestinng characters. obvioulsy his background had some interesting secrets to be revealed

which i assume we will never know now...was he previously part of the alliance or something?

and of course the other big spoiler

wash is dead too!!!...not amazingly bothered by that, but it is quite sad...he was pretty mush the main comedy guy in the show, so its sad to to see him go. but he wasnt my favourite anyway, so i can live with that.

all the other stuff you find out about the reavers, i thought was great. before watching it, i really didnt expect anything that big to be revealed.

unfortunately, it just reminds me once again how sad i am that the tv show was cancelled.
      hope there's more to come though...i'll look forward to it.

Comment

Well, it bombed at the box office, and unless every firefly fan buys 10 copies each, then it's very unlikely we'll be seeing anything else from the Firefly universe. I think Joss Whedon realised this, hence why he

he killed off two major characters

. Tbh, I think any more would spoil it, it'd be nice just to leave it now, and enjoy it for what it is, rather than prop it's mouth open like Farscape, and pretend its still alive.

Comment

It didn't bomb at box office, and the region 2 is going to have a lot more content-wise compared to the region 1.

Comment

Well according to BoxOfficeMojo, it made a loss at the box office, and that doesn't include marketing and other expenses. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=serenity.htm
            And theres a related poll:
            http://www.boxofficemojo.com/polls/?...&id=208&p=.htm

The DVDs will be enough to take it through into the black, but will it be enough to secure any kind of sequel or new TV series?

Comment

i liked it but it was a proper box office flop

and on the flip side it was voted 2005 best movie by the viewers of film 2005

even the director said it didnt do so well at the box office on the film 2005 show and the region 2 disc will have an extra documentary

Comment

^ not really it only made 500k under its production costs and that isnt including dvd sales of either the film nor the series. Both of which have been in the top 3 sales rank for amazon over the last few weeks.

quote:
                "Serenity and Firefly are holding the Amazon Top Sellers DVD Chart with Serenity at #2 and Firefly at #3. Given the competition around Christmas and the New Year, it would appear to be a fantastic performance.

Firefly has rarely dropped from the Top 10 in the last few months, and WalMart even was forced to suspend sales of Firefly as they ran out of the product.

It would appear that the companies (and I do believe different companies have marketed and published Serenity and Firefly) are making a bit of a killing."

Comment

Originally posted by atrus
                  Well, it bombed at the box office, and unless every firefly fan buys 10 copies each, then it's very unlikely we'll be seeing anything else from the Firefly universe. I think Joss Whedon realised this, hence why he

he killed off two major characters

. Tbh, I think any more would spoil it, it'd be nice just to leave it now, and enjoy it for what it is, rather than prop it's mouth open like Farscape, and pretend its still alive.
                  Thats not true at all, he did that to suprise people and make you think that if that happened then anything could happen, he also wanted to do a sequel, so he plainly left it open for one.

Comment

The Region 4 version has a couple of special versions alongside the extra documentry not on the R1 version

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/784707 - nice metal tin

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvds/id/809477 - cardboard Sleeve with signiture

Comment

As I walked into my local comic shop which I very rarely do, on the radio it said "So, where will this year's sci-fi blockbuster Serenity place?" etc etc. Placed above Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at 7th - and they played some music from the film straight after too, superb and apt way to enter the shop.

Comment

Speaking of which, does anyone know where to get the Serenity comics from online? They apparently bridge the gap between series and movie, and had ltd edition covers.

Comment

I would order it from Amazon. I think the TPB of it comes out later this month.

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEARS!!

Comment

I've ordered the Firefly box-set from CDWOW after seeing Serenity winning the film of the year on Jonathan Woss recently. And this thread has just made me look forward to it arriving all the more.

Can't wait for Serenity to appear on DVD too.

Comment

can i just remind everyone to go out and buy the dvd on monday (or people who want to see the series continued)

Comment

UMD was available in Gamestation yesterday, it's the rubbish cover with River holding the two metal things. Ah well.
                                Originally posted by atrus
                                Speaking of which, does anyone know where to get the Serenity comics from online? They apparently bridge the gap between series and movie, and had ltd edition covers.
                                A certain online torrential place...ahem!

In fact, IIRC, this is going to be released as a TPB sometime this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X