Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
    We had 10001110101, Burning Beard, Mob Goes Wild, Electric Worry and a few newies from Beale Street. Me' cousin met Neil Fallon after the gig as well, the git!
    Bah, I bite my thumb at you sir...

Contemplating travelling down to Londonshire in a few months to see the 'Mouse, after my mates still cant be arsed, anyone go to gigs on their own? In 10 years i haven't, so i don't know how sad it is?

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
      Wu. Tang. Wu. Tang. Wu. Tang. Wu. Taaaaaaaaang.

5th July
      I'm heading back to Amsterdam in July to see them mate, you should tag along. Not really into them myself but a couple of friends who are coming are.

This Friday is Porcupine Tree at Preston, and I'm all out of green. ; ; I ****ing hate going to gigs where I'm the only **** not sparking up.
      Last edited by dataDave; 18-04-2007, 12:36.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
        This Friday is Porcupine Tree at Preston.
        Think they'll do the full version of Voyage 34 live?! I'd love to see that I imagine you'll be off your tits on Friday night David?!

Comment

Dam and the Wu? >_<

Off to see EL-P tonight in Camden, should be good

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
            Think they'll do the full version of Voyage 34 live?! I'd love to see that I imagine you'll be off your tits on Friday night David?!
            Nah, see above. I'm totally skint and can't even afford to give my mate petrol money... FFS that reminds me, I still owe Crisp a fiver - I'll sort you out next time I see you mate.

I never really 'get off my tits' anyway, which is really surprising considering my recently new-found 'chemical wastebin' status.

Nah, not really that bad tbh... I'm even off of mushies after my last visit to Amsterdam where I had enough of the worlds strongest to do over four people (at least). I completely bypassed the tripping phase and instantly entered a nightmarish dimension where both my left and right sides of conciousness were torn in two, for about 8 hours, and then it took me five days to recover. Never again.
            Last edited by dataDave; 18-04-2007, 12:44.

Comment

I guess it's not a gig as such, but the wife and I are going to this on May 14th.

Should be awesome with Bill Bailey, Sean Lock, Jupitus as compere, Simon Amstell, Kevin Eldon and Stewart Lee as well! And all for charidee too mate....nice

Tickets are only ?20 and we managed to get some 2nd row seats

Dan

Comment

Got tickets to see Chris Cornell at the Astoria in May
                Always been a huge fan of Soundgarden, and loved Euphoria Morning too.

Check out his cover of Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean', fantastic stuff

Rest in peace Chris. 05/17/17Spotify playlist honoring Chris: https://tinyurl.com/RIPChrisC17th of May 2017, Cornell, at the age of 52, was in Detroit perfor...

Comment

Going to see Modest Mouse in Nottingham on the 28th of May, about the same time i'm moving there, so a nice 10 minute walk home

I'm just chuffed i dont have to go to London anymore, plus i got 5 mates to come too, gonna be a proper wicked night, plus everyones off the next day so Samba de Amigo, Guitar Hero, Kof 99, MvC2 and Third Strike-fest-all-nighter-o-rama after too

Considering Graspop with the missus, dunno if i can be arsed tho

Comment

Saw CocoRosie last Sunday.

Mindblowing stuff live. Really is.

Comment

Saw Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at the ABC in Glasgow a week past Saturday. Good show with loads of new stuff from the forthcoming Baby 81 album. Never been to the ABC for a gig before. Looked nice but the sound was a bit cluttered.

On the Monday after went to see These Arms Are Snakes and Pelican at Oran Mor in Glasgow. Tiny venue (120 punters capacity) which is actually a converted church. Good sound with serious bass during Pelican's set.
                      These Arms Are Snakes singer should be drugs tested he has so much energy!

Comment

Got tickets for Michael Buble today, massive fan of easy listening and he's the only youngster who can do the classics any justice.

Comment

Seeing Blonde Redhead on 30 May- should be ace as the last gig of theirs I went to was excellent.

Just looking on their site though, they're playing that Oran Mor place mentioned above. That would be an amazing gig in a tiny venue like that- Glasgow's a wee bit far to go though...

Comment

Got a couple of corkers lined up for August.

Tool and Dir en grey - the latter being a j-rock band I am crazy about. Flew to Germany to see their first ever show outside of Asia a couple of years back, and now they're finally playing in the UK

Comment

Saw Breed 77 at Underworld in Camden yesterday, awesome stuff. I'd heard them briefly on CD but that doesn't begin to do them justice as they're way better live, probably the best live performance I've been to of a band I didn't know (does that make sense?). I urge everyone to vote for them for best UK newcomers in this year MetalHammer awards if you haven't already, they deserve it

Comment

Only got one for may. Going to see Funeral for A Friend, at Brixton on the 19th. Cant wait to hear their new stuff. Should be a brilliant night!

Comment

Working...
                                X