No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird. Going to be there for uni, and was just looking around Bloomsbury at the accommodation the day before yesterday - passed ULU.

Definitely going to make use of all the ATP London shows while I'm there.

Comment

Seeing Portishead tonight- can't wait! Should be top having seen the reviews of the gig last week.

Comment

Saw Portishead a couple of weeks ago in Brixton- amazing gig. Beth's so wee!

Saw Blonde Redhead the week after and then something a bit different last night- saw John Cooper Clarke in Islington, with Charlie Chuck doing a turn as well. ****ing hell- JCC looks like Joey Ramone's anorexic brother and Charlie Chuck is just off his tits. All the woof baa, cakey pig, donkey business. Nutter. I was genuinely concerned for my safety at the beginning when he smashed his drum kit up.
        Last edited by endo; 06-05-2008, 08:58.

Comment

Got tix for guillemots in saaaarfhaaampton 30 may

Comment

Saw Deus in Milan on Thursday and it was ace. We even got to hang out and have a beer with them afterwards- really nice blokes.

Comment

Saw Mark Ronson at Nottingham Rock City Bank holiday monday just gone.

Apart from a mic issue for one of the singers, it sounded amazing in a smaller venue crowd really into it.

loved it

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                Saw Deus in Milan on Thursday and it was ace. We even got to hang out and have a beer with them afterwards- really nice blokes.
                Did they do "Roses"?

Love that song.

Comment

Off to see Raekwon and GhostFace perform "Only Built for Cuban Linx" this Monday! Hopes its better than the GZA doing "Liquid sWords" show ended up being...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                    Did they do "Roses"?

Love that song.
                    Indeed they did- it was a good mix of old and new stuff. And of course, they finished with Suds and Soda, and everyone went mental.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                      Off to see Raekwon and GhostFace perform "Only Built for Cuban Linx" this Monday! Hopes its better than the GZA doing "Liquid sWords" show ended up being...
                      Full report on this one please spags.

Comment

No doubt bruv! Taken the next day off to recover from teh awesum!1

Comment

Be interesting to see how fat Raekwon is these days. Last time I saw him in the flesh he made me look normal size.

Comment

Went to see Crystal Castles at Man. academy2 on monday night - it was awesome, very much like going to a gig in the Perfect Dark 64/Bladerunner universe.

Saul Williams this coming monday too! I hope the weather is nice for it then we can chill out in the university park first perving over emo uni birds.

---

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                            I found Only Built 4 Cuban Linx on my HD yesterday randomly and then this burst into a full afternoon of classic hiphop featuring pretty much all of Wutang, Nas, Gravediggaz, Mobb Deep etc.
                            Last edited by dataDave; 15-05-2008, 08:46.

Comment

Following Spags post put Cuban Linx in my car this morning. Still sounds amazing all these years on - astonishing. Tomorrow gonna take it back to the essence with some Slick Rick and maybe a bit of 3rd Bass.

Comment

Pop Pop Goes the weasel, the weasel
                                POP GOES DA WEASEL COS DA WEASEL GOES POP!1

And this vid is ILL!1

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And the start of this -

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                Last edited by spagmasterswift; 15-05-2008, 09:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X