No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woop, got my stray cats farewell tour tickets for brixton academy.

Comment

Going to Wacken at the end of the month!

Maiden, Gorerotted, Obituary, Primordial, Watain... oh yus!

Also, would anyone know of a site that lists gigs in Japan? Metal specific would be nice but I'd also be after some Taiko and chip as well.

Comment

T in the Park 2008.

Rage Against The Machine were utterly awesome. Best performance I have ever seen at T.

Also a great set by The Music, they really got the crowd in the tent bouncing.

Other highlights would be The Raconteurs and Kings Of Leon. Both played a lot of their newer stuff and kept the crowd well entertained.

Amy Winehouse was sober and very boring.

Comment

Off to the Big Chill Festival tomorrow, photography press pass and a +1 for the wife

Comment

Been invited to see the Gutter Twins up in Oxford soon. Would love to go - all depends on money really.

Comment

Wacken!!!

Comment

Flew over to Dublin to see Muse in Marley Park on Wednesday, got back last night. A fantastic concert on one of the few nights it didn't constantly rain during my stay there. It was also the first time I saw Kasabian who were quite good. Sound was a little poor for Glas Vegas, would like to see them again one day as I've liked what I've heard of them elsewhere. This is the furthest I've ever gone primarily to see a band play primarily sticking to London, but it was great seeing the city as well and catching up with some old University friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Concrete donkey View Post
                  This is the furthest I've ever gone primarily to see a band play primarily sticking to London, but it was great seeing the city as well and catching up with some old University friends.
                  I went to Nimes to see Radiohead play in June. Well worth the trip

Comment

I am going to see Alphabeat in Oct haha what a laff!

Comment

Young Knives and Lightspeed Champion at The Camden Koko, London on September 9th. It's a free gig - get up to 4 tickets and just pay a £2.50 booking fee, nice eh! I have a photo pass for this show too!!

Comment

Went for the Saturday at Leeds and had the privilege of seeing Rage Against the Machine and the awesome Queens of the Stone Age.

The crowd surge for Rage Against the Machine was bloody frightening though.

Comment

Oh man, saw the QOTSA coverage on TV Friday night - seriously good. RATM were not broadcast though They didn't wanna be filmed!

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
                            Oh man, saw the QOTSA coverage on TV Friday night - seriously good. RATM were not broadcast though They didn't wanna be filmed!
                            QOTSA are far and away the band that keeps me coming back for more. Played a couple of tracks of their first album which was a nice surprise.

For anyone who missed the QOTSA coverage from Reading you can grab it here:

As for RAGE, they totally blew me away.

Comment

Went to see R.E.M in the Cardiff International Arena last night. The gig was orginally scheduled for the Milenium stadium but poor ticket sales saw it being relocated.

I only caught the last three songs by the Gulliemots - they were ok, notihng special. Next up were the Editors, I bought my wife their cd for xmas and I wasn't too fussed by it myself. They were incredible live, the singer is flawless.

R.E.M as usual were fantastic, Stipe is such a great frontman and always puts on a good performance. They played quite a few old songs mixed in with 4-5 from the new album. I've seen them three times now and I think this was the best. Probably because it was a smaller venue and I was near the front.

I'm knackered today though, got back at 1 am and I've been awake since 4am.

Comment

Went to see Crystal Castles at the Leeds Cockpit last night. Quality stuff until some random Leeds chavs started stage diving during the last couple of songs.

Comment

Working...
                                X