Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nisa View Post
    Saw Alice In Chains last night at the Barrowlands in Glasgow. Wasn't really up for it as I felt like **** beforehand but it turned out to be a great show. William DuVall silenced a lot of his critics including myself, his vocal performance was spot on the whole night.

Took some video with my camera as usual.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue0eufkuZEM
    Saw them in Manchester on the Saturday. It was an awesome show. The setlist was spot on.
    Highlights for me were Man in a box, No Excuses, Would, Got me Wrong, Your Decision and Rooster.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm View Post
      The pre-sale on Wednesday was really well organised with each member allocated a code unique to their username. Got in fairly early and snagged 3 tickets for the Saturday gig. Friday tickets were pretty easy to get as well once they announced. They did a similar thing for Teignmouth, I was glad to see them continue to use this method for this round of Wembley gigs.
      The pre-sale was how I got my tickets (and to Teignmouth too) and I too was impressed how easy it was to get tickets, unlike their current Resistence tour. Although the later announced Friday concert would be more convienient for me I decided against going to both performances (well, my wallet decided for me really).

Comment

Yeah Yeah Yeahs tonight

Comment

Snap- me too

Comment

Just got back from ATP Nightmare Before Xmas. Saw a shed load of good bands like Sonic Youth, A Place To Bury Strangers, Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Buzzcocks, Swervedriver, Bob Mould... plus loads more I can't recall right now. Amazing weekend

Comment

The lineup for that looked amazing. I'm very tempted by the Matt Groening curated event in May, but I'm seriously lacking in holiday from work at the mo .

Comment

Hmm, sick leave? :P

Seriously, this was better than Portishead 2 years ago.

Comment

J Mascis tonight, my ears can't wait!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                    The lineup for that looked amazing. I'm very tempted by the Matt Groening curated event in May, but I'm seriously lacking in holiday from work at the mo .
                    I missed the boat on the Pavement-curated one too. Got tickets for the first Pavement gig at Brixton though, so it's not all bad.
                    Gutted I missed the Breeders and Mike Patton/Melvins ATPs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                      J Mascis tonight, my ears can't wait!!!
                      Oh, you're in for a treat!

Comment

I went to see Placebo twice this week, initially thinking I must have been crazy to book two standing tickets in a row. Tuesday was at the LG arena in Birmingham with them playing at the 02 arena in London yesterday.

The Birmingham crowd was very sedate. Nobody moved that much and the people in the seated section, well stayed seated. I kept expecting the crowd to go wild, especially with the older songs but nothing. I was at the front on the rails but to the right quite far from centre stage but still an amazing view and it was a longer set list than I anticipated coming in at two hours.

The London performance was near enough the same set list but this time I was at the centre with only two, thankfully short, people in front of me. The view was amazing, with Stefan coming in front of the stage playing right in front of us. Also the crowd was much more alive at the 02, the atmosphere amazing and a completely different experience. It was definitely worth it seeing them twice.

Comment

Anybody else see Them Crooked Vultures in Brum last night?

Top gig. Felt like being part of something special.

Musically, they're not quite the sum of their parts, but the songs made a lot more sense live. Everybody was making jokes at the end like "mmm okay, I guess" and "you'd think they would have rehearsed or something" because they were so precise with all their time changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Square View Post
                            Oh, you're in for a treat!
                            My ears were ringing for two days after >_< Amazing what that man can do with his jazzmaster!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Anybody else see Them Crooked Vultures in Brum last night?

Top gig. Felt like being part of something special.

Musically, they're not quite the sum of their parts, but the songs made a lot more sense live. Everybody was making jokes at the end like "mmm okay, I guess" and "you'd think they would have rehearsed or something" because they were so precise with all their time changes.
                              I was there, somewhere between the sound desk and the stage.
                              Not sure if I understand what you mean by 'not quite the sum of their parts', and I've read that line in a few reviews now. To be honest, I find it disappointing that every review I have read starts with the history of it's members, and fails to just accept that these guys have come together and have done something special. For me, the album and the live experience has been as good as anything I have seen, and I've been to a lot, including some of Nirvana and Foo Fighters earliest shows.

I was personally thrilled to see Alain get his solo, cos he's truly amazing. Shame they never had a chance to play Interludes. John's Keytar wasn't working.

Comment

Depeche Mode were fantastic at the O2 last night. I'd heard so much negative reaction to that venue, specifically the sound, but I was really pleasantly surprised. The sound was very good indeed, much better than Wembley Arena or Earl's Court.

Comment

Working...
                                X