No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing Nouvelle Vague next Friday at the Roundhouse- can't wait.

Comment

Oh yeah, Bat for lashes were supported by Yeasayers who were also really good.

Comment

I saw the Pixies last night at Brixton - awesome. The band looked like they were having a great time.

Kim Deal has put on a bit timber.

Off to see Bat For Lashes in Liverpool tomorrow (i have a spare ticket if anybody wants it)

Comment

Off to see Biffy Clyro in a few minutes. Hope they are good, as I am shattered and could do with an early night to be honest.

Comment

Got tickets to see Pavement in Brixton next May! I'm inordinately excited about it seeing as they're my favourite band of all time

Saw Nouvelle Vague in Camden a couple of weeks ago- that was a good gig. A full 2-hour set with 2 singers (3 including Mélanie Pain), one of whom was a rather fit, slightly unhinged blonde bird. Mélanie Pain supported doing here own solo stuff (whose album I've been listening to loads lately) and she was ace. She's playing at the Jazz Café at the end of Nov with a full band this time, but I don't think I can make it. Recommended anyhow.

Comment

Saw The Dead Weather Thursday night and they were bloody marvellous. Think I'm in love with Alison Mosshart, her stage presence and 'flexibility' are incredible.

Thought they were a bit duff on Jools Holland the other night, but think that may have been bad mixing (as Basement Jaxx sounded all wrong too) but they took the roof off Brixton.

Got a few months of good gigs lined up - Grizzly Bear, Air and Spiritualized .

Comment

Wilco, tomorrow night! And its only around the corner, so no stupid long journey home after the gig.

Comment

Went to see Muse in Sheffield Wednesday night, just got back last night. An amazing concert, my only complaints being it was a little too short and wished they played the entire Exogenesis. I feel like I may be getting to old (or more likely not fit enough) to be at the front any more and secretly glad now that I could only get seated tickets for the 02 preformance next Friday. But my next concert is the Flaming Lips and will be my first time seeing them live. Looking forward to it.

Comment

I saw Muse in Liverpool last night. They were awesome - really energetic and a great set - but I agree it felt a little short. They came on about 8:10pm and left the stage (after encore) at more or less bang on 10:00pm.

Reminder: don't use multi-storey car park again. Took me just over 45 mins to get out!

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                      Got a few months of good gigs lined up - Grizzly Bear, Air and Spiritualized .
                      Air, nice. Never seen them before and I quite like the new album.

Comment

Me neither. One of the bands I've always wanted to see. I understand they are a bit different live and speed up the tempo a bit.

Comment

Anyone else going to Fleetwood Mac tonight?

Comment

Off to see the (frankly gorgeous) Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions on Sunday. Will be a nice and mellow affair I think

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeMeAKipper View Post
                              I saw Muse in Liverpool last night. They were awesome - really energetic and a great set - but I agree it felt a little short. They came on about 8:10pm and left the stage (after encore) at more or less bang on 10:00pm.

Reminder: don't use multi-storey car park again. Took me just over 45 mins to get out!
                              Mwa! I was there too, after waiting years to see them they didn't disappoint. The only negative was during The Big Pinks set they wouldn't turn that goddamn strobe off so I had a headache for half the show. Chilled listening to the album for a bit after till the car park cleared a bit

Aces! Moc-moc-a-moc!

Comment

I went to see Morrissey at the Liverpool Echo Arena last night. One and a half songs in, this happened...

And that was that...show over!

Comment

Working...
                                X