No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Enter Sandman cover was very funny but it was Scarborough Fair performed in the style of Rammstein that was the highlight for me.

Comment

Sadly the last gig I went to was about 8 years ago. I just find these years I'm far too lazy to go to anything >.<
      Was a good couple of gigs 8 years back - Pitchshifter and The Vandals. Two of my fave bands at the time

Comment

Pumpkins on tour in November!

Tickets on sale tomorrow at 9am!

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
          Sadly the last gig I went to was about 8 years ago. I just find these years I'm far too lazy to go to anything >.<
          Was a good couple of gigs 8 years back - Pitchshifter and The Vandals. Two of my fave bands at the time
          Wahay, I remember going to see the Vandals ages back, possibly 8 years ago. Was an awesome show.
          I think boysetsfire was the last gig I went to, a few month back.

Comment

Seen The National last month. Pretty decent show.

Comment

Saw Seasick Steve for the fouth or fifth time last night. Wasn't his greatest performance (Not helped by poor sound) but was good to see John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin join him on stage playing multiple instruments over the full set. Became a bit too self indulgent at times which has never been what he's about. Oh, and guys, if you must take your girlfriends to gigs, can you please let them know that they're there to see a show, not yack like hyenas all the way through. (Especially in the more quiet moments) Irk.

Comment

Saw Seasick Steve at Reading a couple of years back and he was brilliant. Musically, he's nothing spectacular, but he's a really engaging personality and his live shows are great.

I saw Ash last night performing "Free All Angels" and a handful of hits last night and it was brilliant. They've got so many anthems to pick from their back catalogue. I prefer 1977, but it was great to hear FAA played in full. I'm uploading a few vids to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/QualityChimp

Comment

Love the Kung Fu song. Was at the end of Rumble in the Bronx if I remember correctly

Comment

Just back from Joe Bonamassa. Again, i've seen this guy a bunch of times, but in his case he just keeps getting better and better. He's a blues/rock guitar fans dream come true as far as live performers are concerned. Absolutely phenomenal player, great night!

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                      Love the Kung Fu song. Was at the end of Rumble in the Bronx if I remember correctly
                      You are correct, sir!

The sample at the start is from Sammo Hung's Encounters of the Spooky Kind, which I realised when watching the film when it finally came out on DVD... \nerd

Watch from 4:14
                      Last edited by QualityChimp; 22-10-2011, 15:00.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                        Just back from Joe Bonamassa. Again, i've seen this guy a bunch of times, but in his case he just keeps getting better and better. He's a blues/rock guitar fans dream come true as far as live performers are concerned. Absolutely phenomenal player, great night!
                        Just listened to some of his stuff and youtube and he sounds ace. Sort of sound I would like to listen to at a rock bar while drinking whiskey sours.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          You are correct, sir!

The sample at the start is from Sammo Hung's Encounters of the Spooky Kind, which I realised when watching the film when it finally came out on DVD... \nerd

Watch from 4:14
                          I don't know why I worded it like that, I knew damn well that was Ash lol.

And mystery solved! Not that I was losing sleep over it or anything

redstar_dan - Totally missed that reply. I think that was probably the same Vandals tour we went to Wasn't long after Hollywood Potato Chip was out so they played those newer tunes then as well as a load of classics that everyone really went there for.
                          4, 3, 2, 1, 0, -1!

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                            I just discovered this guy. It's a shame I'll probably never see him live.

Comment

Off to see Wilco tonight at Camden Roundhouse, I have only heard their latest album once and to be honest it didn't exactly blow me away so I have started drinking now to get me more in the mood.

Comment

Should have guessed we had a thread for this.

Saw the Foo Fighters in Pengrowth Saddledome on Thursday night - 2h40m set! Pure awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X