No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to see Wordburglar on Monday. Great hiphop with good word play.

Comment

How was Wordburglar? That's a great name!

Booked tickets today to see The Sword, whom I'm pretty bonkers for at the minute. New album in November too.

Next month I'm off to see Black Moth and Turbowolf doing a tour together. Awesomeness!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        How was Wordburglar? That's a great name!

Booked tickets today to see The Sword, whom I'm pretty bonkers for at the minute. New album in November too.

Next month I'm off to see Black Moth and Turbowolf doing a tour together. Awesomeness!
        Do you book three or four gigs of the same band and watch each one for 10 to 20 minutes?

Comment

I really like what I have heard of Turbowolf so far. Is the album good?

Comment

Did you see my post in the Stoner RAWK thread? I think there will be things of interest to you there, Skully!

You know, I've not gotten around to listening to the Turbowolf album yet, but I love what Kerrang Radio have played of them and they rocked my socks off at Download this year. I filmed things getting a bit mental on their set-closer!

Comment

good footage! I did see your post in said thread. Since my stereo died the other month I have just been going on big spotify/youtube marathons so there are some good suggestions in there.

Slighlty off topic but did you see Ghost when you were at Download? I have became quite enamoured with them of late.

Comment

I didn't, I'm afraid. There was such a strong line-up I went from stage to stage with only a small window to eat!

Ghost got mixed reviews as the worst band and the best band there, so a serious marmite scenario.

Are they good then? I was worried they were all about the show and zombie bishop outfits with no songs to back it up!

Comment

They remind me in equal parts of The Doors and Type O Negative. Very melodic but with some dark lyrics.

Full album is on youtube if you fancy a listen:

Comment

I'm listening now and it turns out I have heard them before!

I must have got confused when looking into early stoner rock and thought they were from the 70s!

The first word on the album is "Lucifeeeeeeer!" and that sets the tone for the rest of the album and I think I got a little bored halfway through. It's not bad, but just a little narrow in its subject matter!

I preferred some of the other early stuff I found like Witchfinder General, Blue Cheer and Leaf Hound.

That "Freelance Fiend" track by Leaf Hound is awesome sleaze!

Comment

Off to see Breakbot this Friday for his album launch party. Mylo'll be there, too. Can't wait!

Comment

I listen to loads of stuff including Black Metal, so overuse of satanic themes has never bothered me. I'd love to be able to contribute more to this thread, but I have nothing lined up for the foseeable future

Comment

Went to see Rival Sons again last night. When you turn around to see Jimmy Page nodding along approvingly, you know you're watching a good show in my book!

Comment

I give a thumbs up to TurboWolf....saw them on the Camden Crawl despite never having heard of them...roxxered my boxxers etc

My Gallows tickets have arrived...also Architects this month! its R-october!

Comment

Going to see Muse on 26th October.

Comment

I'm going to see Muse in Glasgow can't mind which day it is though. Also got Jack White, Black Keys, Anthrax, Motorhead and Therapy? lined up in the next couple of months.

Comment

Working...
                                X