Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummers all round, huh?

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    I've tickets for Bossk and DVNE this Wednesday but I think I'm going to pass.
    I did pass on it, and...

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Have the chance to catch Bossk again at Beyond the Redshift in Feb if I'm feeling ready by then, but I'm already pulling faces thinking about that being a mere 3 months away.
    ... the faces I'm pulling are getting uglier still. I've got tickets for two shows in Feb and another two in March, and I'm not sure if they'll even go ahead, let alone whether I'm up for them.

However on the plus side, Deafheaven did a virtual set on Moment House a little while back, playing their new album through in full. It was great! Performances were really tight, it was wonderfully mixed, and great quality video with multiple cameras... rather than just sticking it on in the background or whatever, I sat there with a decent pair of headphones on, turned off all distractions, and had one of the best hours I'd had listening to music all year. I don't begrudge the $10 for the ticket in the slightest, the only downside being that there was only a very limited window to listen to it, and it's now gone. Certainly willing to give this a shot with any other bands I like who do similar things.

Comment

Firstly, I totally get your trepidation to go to a gig.
      I wore a mask at The Darkness and didn't even buy a pint so I wouldn't have to take it off.
      If you do go, just stay masked up and you should be OK.

Secondly, I bought some new earplugs as the foam ones just deaden the noise:

They're so comfy, I genuinely thought halfway through "They could do with turning it up a bit" before remembering I had them in!

Finally, I agree that it's frustrating that you can't rewatch these virtual gigs. Until the bands release a version you can rewatch, Video Downloadhelper has been really useful:
      DownloadHelper: the easy way to Web videos. Download tons of videos from most of YouTube like sites.

Comment

Yeah, ponying up for a proper musician earplugs is such a good investment.

Most of the decision making is out of my hands it seems, as pretty much everything I had booked for the next couple of months is either getting postponed or cancelled outright. Cult of Luna was one that was a maybe, having said they were postponing the European tour but were keeping the "Beyond the Redshift" festival on, only today for them to have to postpone that too.

I bought Faith no More tickets for a buddy back in 2019 and after a bunch of postponements they've cancelled outright, as I hear Mike Patton's not in a great place mentally. This ****ing pandemic, man.

Comment

It's time for the gigs to start again. Royal Blood tonight followed by Ghost on Wednesday. Then The Picturebooks about a week later. Was due to see Otoboke Beaver next month but that's be put back to May 2023.

Comment

Did end up making it to a couple of shows earlier this year; Rolo Tomassi / Pupil Slicer / Heriot at Oval Space, and then Celeste / Conjurer at The Dome. Hilariously for the latter, some uncharacteristically normal, well-to-do looking folk turned up, looking utterly perplexed at the queue of people outside after being told by Spotify that the British soul singer/songwriter Celeste was playing that night, rather than the French post-metal band Celeste. Whoops!

Today I got tickets for Deafheaven in September and Oranssi Pazuzu in May. Usual "how I feel at the time" caveats aside, I'm reeeaaally keen.

Last edited by fuse; 22-04-2022, 12:09.

Comment

I've had a few gigs cancelled this year - was due to see Decide this month, but that was called off, and Faith No More in June, but that was finally cancelled, due to Mike Patton having a bit of a wobble, after being postponed several times during the pandemic. Gutted about that one. Seeing Mogwai next month at Ally Pally and might go and see Mayhem again, seeing as they're playing. Pavement booked for October too, so hopefully London isn't a smoking hole in the ground by then.

Comment

My Front 242 tickets from 2020 are rescheduled for June this year, let’s hope no one dies of old age first!

Comment

Went to see The Picturebooks on Thursday night at King Tuts Wah Wah Hut. Poor turnout I felt sorry for them. Good set though. Why those lads aren’t more popular is baffling.

Comment

Never heard of them, so I'll investigate, cheers!
                    [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION], how was Tool?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Never heard of them, so I'll investigate, cheers!
                      @fuse, how was Tool?
                      It's not till next Monday! I think I'm going to have to really psych myself up for it this weekend, as right now I'm not particularly keen. The O2 being huge, full, and crap does not help.

Comment

Ah sorry, I heard other people talking about the tour too, so thought it had happened.

Comment

Saw My Chemical Romance in Glasgow last night. It was packed out and the band proved they were worth it. Really good set. Still annoyed we had seated tickets though. It was my niece’s first proper gig and she went all out with the outfit, makeup and dyed her hair! Good to know the next generation is coming through.
                          Also saw Puppy at Stereo the previous weekend. I really like their Metal with quiet vocals style. You can hear the progression since the first album too. I hope these lads go on to bigger things.

Comment

Went to see Queen and Adam Lambert on Thursday night. I hate to say it but I think it might be time for them to retire from touring. Don’t get me wrong I had a great time but it’s the music and the crowd that make the gig. The production is impressive but Messers May and Taylor are really starting to show their age and it’s not great seeing musically idols like that. There’s a second drummer on stage to help out for a reason. I get they love what they do but even the normally brilliant Lambert was flat too. Bow out gracefully guys.

Comment

Saw The Killers last night at the Falkirk Stadium. Seeing a band of that stature in my home town was pretty surreal. Was a bit shambolic queuing to get in but the setup inside was good and the band were excellent. A far cry from the very nervous Brandon Flowers I saw at T in the Park years ago. Even sounded really good for an outdoor gig.
                              And to cap it off the bars only had Brewdog beers instead of the usual watery big brands. Result.

Next up Download…

Comment

Got given a nine inch nails ticket for Brixton Academy on the 21st, The first day of the train strike!

Comment

Working...
                                X