No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Radiohead on the Friday. So why were they so good on the Thursday?

The Koko was wonderful. That Broken Social Scene gig has to be one of the best I've been to. Love the way there's four or five floors to view the stage from.

Comment

I was dragged along to see Beverly Knight at the Shepherds Bush Empire last night. My wife is a big fan, not my cup of tea but I was impressed by the show she put on, great voice, stacks of energy and the crowd were insane, lapped up everything she did. So I was pleasenlty surprised, especially when she introduced Guy Chambers to the crowd and he looked like a hippie university lecturer.

Comment

Originally posted by nickgodfrey
        I saw Radiohead on the Friday. So why were they so good on the Thursday?
        Mainly because the setlist was perfect. They couldn't have done better if they'd phoned me and asked beforehand Friday they were a bit more lively, but were playing a slightly more 'crowd-pleasing' set.

But like I said, both nights were good

Comment

Just got some tickets for Tool on tuesday night, well chuffed i tell yer.

Going to see the Futureheads on friday in Brum aswell.

Comment

I went to see The Editors last week at Brixton Academy. Not the best gig and the lead singer looked like a bit of a cock when his keyboard didn't work due to not being plugged in properly. A good half of their songs sounded the same too. Got me out of the house though I guess.

Got a ticket for the Radiohead day at V Festival yesterday so that's good

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
              Got a ticket for the Radiohead day at V Festival yesterday so that's good
              I saw them at Wolverhampton a few weeks ago, it was truly special 8)

Comment

Seen them a couple of times pre Kid A so interested to see how their new stuff fairs live.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius
                  I saw them at Wolverhampton a few weeks ago, it was truly special 8)
                  I was there too - for both nights (after succumbing to the touts for the second night).

The stuff post OK Computer works better live for me not to say it's not good on record which it is. I actually quite liked Kid A and each album since has had some 5 star tracks on them.

I'm not a big fan of Karma Police on record but live it is amazing and I can't wait for it at V. Hopefully I will get Paranoid Android too after being denied twice in Wolves ...
                  Last edited by mementoman; 05-06-2006, 19:34.

Comment

I seen Echo and the Bunnymen last week in Edinburgh, was most enjoyable.

Got an upper tier seat at the side for a decent view and was really impressed by it. Was a great gig, everytime I told someone I was going they were like "Ohhh they're well before your time eh!!?" since I'm 20 but I think they're ace!

And next on the list is Zero 7 on Wednesday night at ABC in Glasgow. And Jose Gonzalez is accompanying them on stage since he sings in 4 songs on the new album, didnt think he'd actually be there, was amazed when I read it in the paper!!

Comment

Also going to the Radiohead 'make-up' gig in Amsterdam this August Bank Holiday. I'm hoping they'll pull some real oldies/b-sides out of the bag for that one, by way of an apology...

Comment

I'm going to see Guns n roses at the Hammersmith Apollo on Wednesday night, should be good.

Comment

Yeah so I missed Zero 7 and Jose Gonzales last night because I was ill, my mates went, loved it, said it was ****ing immense and they even met them all!

Was so excited about it, one of the gigs I was most looking forward too and this happens!

Comment

Guns n ****ing Roses blew me away last night. It didn't matter one bit that it was only Axel up there, they put on a show I will remember forever. Highlightsd have to be Night Train (obviously) and My Michelle where he dueted with rock god Sebastian Bach!

Comment

Two questions:

Was Axel REALLY fat?

Did they do a 20 minute drum solo?

Comment

Axel not fat at all, and no drum solos! A couple of guitar solos thoughft: .

Comment

Working...
                                X