No announcement yet.

The Official 'Transformers' Live Action Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First up - it's a teaser, so you were never going to be shown that much. They've still got a year to go before it's released and I'm sure there will be another teaser in six months time that shows us a little bit more.

The thing that gets me the most is the lack of the 'classic' transformation sound on the logo at the end - although that could be added to the final film, there's still time I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
      Why? Because you didnt get to see Prime and Megatron look each other in the eye with there melee weapons drawn, hehe.
      am i that transparent

i suppose i wanted more robots, and I dont like the link between the story and the real life scenario.

Comment

True, a bit more on the actual Transformers visuals would have been nice but I think the teaser has done its job, IE. We are gasping for more!! If they ruin this film in anyway I fear there may be some of us who may not recover for it... of all the movies they have to get right in the next couple of years this has got be the most important!!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
          First up - it's a teaser, so you were never going to be shown that much. They've still got a year to go before it's released and I'm sure there will be another teaser in six months time that shows us a little bit more.

The thing that gets me the most is the lack of the 'classic' transformation sound on the logo at the end - although that could be added to the final film, there's still time I suppose.
          A perfect example of the aforementioned "not getting things right". If the classic transforation sound isn't used they may aswell pack up the gear right now!!

Comment

Hate to be a horribly cynical pessimist but this is obviously going to be crap, it's an awesome idea but when was the last time a good film was made out of an existing series/character/comic/whatever?

It's annoying it's so far away cos expectations will run pretty high in that time.. Silent Hill all over again.

Comment

I totally agree, the margin for error with this film is so small and given who is behind it I cant help but be pessimistic about its chances of being the visual dream that it could be!!

I see it turning out to be a big, loud, action packed mess... but we can still hope that somehow they get it right and we enjoy the live action movie as much as the animated movie!!

We can only pray there is someone on baord in a decent position who understands the significance this film will have to so many people !!

Comment

I would probably prefer if they did re-interpret the story, make it a serious sci-fi or something. If they try and recreate the comics it is absolutely 100% doomed to failure. The images of the decepticon car do make it look as though it will be comic book style though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
                  I see it turning out to be a big, loud, action packed mess...
                  Now, you see, when it comes to giant transforming robots kicking the **** out of one another, I'd be quite happy with that description. What do you want? Drama? It's giant transforming robots kicking the **** out of one another!

Can't fail.

But then, that is almost exactly what I thought about Alien vs Predator. Aliens? Check. Predators? Check. What could possibly go wrong?

Shows how wrong I was. But, honestly, if I see Bad Boys with robots I'll be more than happy.

Comment

I've got a really nasty feeling this will be badly dominated by being over Americanised. They all transform into American machines stuck in real life American locations and will probably end up saving planet America.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
                      Now, you see, when it comes to giant transforming robots kicking the **** out of one another, I'd be quite happy with that description. What do you want? Drama? It's giant transforming robots kicking the **** out of one another!

Can't fail.

But then, that is almost exactly what I thought about Alien vs Predator. Aliens? Check. Predators? Check. What could possibly go wrong?

Shows how wrong I was. But, honestly, if I see Bad Boys with robots I'll be more than happy.
                      A perfect example there mate, Alien V Predator, how could they go wrong. Aliens fight Predators, everyone is happy, what a pile of wank that turned out to be, with so many "wait a minute" moments I gave up counting!!

Bad Boys with Transformers would be great but there is drama element in there that is so important for Transformers... the way Prime leads the Autobots, Megatrons devotion for the death of Prime, these things are so important that simply ignoring them will make this just what we said an action packed mess. Most folk will be happy with that and no doubt it will look sick, but there are things in there that they may miss and that would lead to another AvP moment, which didnt even have the action packed part!!

Comment

Cos I grew up with the Transformers I've always taken the Robots in Disguise thing at face value - but can somebody explain to me how come they turn into vehicles from earth?

Comment

Kron - no idea if you'll read this, but could you free up your PM inbox? Trying to drop you a line atm...

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
                            Cos I grew up with the Transformers I've always taken the Robots in Disguise thing at face value - but can somebody explain to me how come they turn into vehicles from earth?
                            When the Ark was lying dormant in Oregon, it sent out a scanner which mistakenly identified automobiles as the dominant life form on planet earth. It returned to the Ark and did a custom job on the transformers so they would fit in. This is also why the dinobots were created, as the scanning was done when the dinosaurs were around.

Question it any further and the whole thing will fall apart (like why did they have transforming abilities on cybertron in the first place, especially when they could all fly in robot form anyway).

The comics always had the slightly more robust version of the story, the cartoon was nonsense. Then again it was all just a way to sell us the toys, eh.. lol
                            Last edited by Darwock; 30-06-2006, 12:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproofradiator
                              Kron - no idea if you'll read this, but could you free up your PM inbox? Trying to drop you a line atm...
                              I see a new avatar for Dogg Thang on the horizon...

Originally posted by Darwock
                              When the Ark was lying dormant in Oregon, it sent out a scanner which mistakenly identified automobiles as the dominant life form on planet earth. It returned to the Ark and did a custom job on the transformers so they would fit in.
                              So we are gonna get a Greenpeace - motorcars are bad and we have too many of them, em kay - style message in this move, backed up by these machines actually destroying Earth environment - not with car emissions but big ****ing guns!!!

I still feel this movie should have been set in the 1980s...
                              Last edited by spagmasterswift; 30-06-2006, 12:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproofradiator
                                Tis done sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X