No announcement yet.

The Official 'Transformers' Live Action Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

take it back a bit wrt to starscream - when ever he changed it looked great, maybe the guy who did barricade came bottom of his class wrt special effects
    quite possibly.

There were times in the film where i wasn't aware of the special effects and my brain seemed to just accept that they were real.

I've not been that impressed since Jurassic Park. (which still looks good now imho)

Comment

yeah me too. they just looked like metal to me - real, shiny metal. just like how the jp dinosaurs still hold up just fine even today.

Comment

While it's great for the movie, making realistic metal isn't all that impressive. It's when it comes to actual living things that things usually go bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post

I love, absolutely LOVE the Paramount logo at the start where you hear the mechanic whirring and grinning of the transformation - a brilliant touch!

Me too! I giggled like a utter geek at that point. Cue a glare from my (non TF fan) girlfriend 'oh my god it's only a logo'. She loved it in the end though.

Off Topic: I agree with JP, but the only bit where the CGI really looks a bit naff on the stunt-woman face replacement when Lex falls through the ceiling panel near the end.
          Last edited by NecronomiconUK; 14-08-2007, 08:04.

Comment

Coming to HD DVD in October:

Comment

With no lossless audio ! hd-dvd fail

Comment

Does it really matter?

Comment

The lack of HD audio annoyed me initially, but then I realised that I have no way to play it and would end up hearing it as DTS anyway. It was probably expected anyway since all of Paramount's big releases, even the Blu-rays, have only had Dolby Digital Plus. Still, this would have been a nice one for them to break the habit.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                    Yeah, only HD DVD, as Paramount stated they're going HD DVD only, generally...

Comment

Because of no Transformers on Blu-Ray is apparently the reason for Micheal Bay not willing to direct the sequel . . . . Or maybe he's just playing hardball?

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                        Because of no Transformers on Blu-Ray is apparently the reason for Micheal Bay not willing to direct the sequel . . . . Or maybe he's just playing hardball?
                        That all fizzled out a while back. He's back on for the sequel now as he, apparently, "drank the kool aid".

Comment

Really? Thats good news, I dont think anyone else is in favour of another director now, especially after mention of them not being able to fit in a transforming air craft carrier!!!!

Comment

There's been talk about how they could give a satisfactory explanation for size changing in the next film (mainly for Soundwave), and there's been talk of an aircraft carrier. This can only mean Broadside who transforms into both a jet fighter (ridiculously large) and an aircraft carrier, which also means triple changers:

Since he's huge I hope that means more big robots. Combiners, please

Comment

Transformers (2 Disc HD-DVD) is up for pre-order at Movietyme for 17.99.

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever View Post
                                There's been talk about how they could give a satisfactory explanation for size changing in the next film (mainly for Soundwave), and there's been talk of an aircraft carrier. This can only mean Broadside who transforms into both a jet fighter (ridiculously large) and an aircraft carrier, which also means triple changers:

Since he's huge I hope that means more big robots. Combiners, please
                                I thought that entire scene with the super huge cube shrinking right down into a tiny little thing was there attempt to explain that.

Comment

Working...
                                X