No announcement yet.

The Official 'Transformers' Live Action Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should get Transmorphers from woolworths its only £2.99 or sunt, now thats bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
      You should get Transmorphers from woolworths its only £2.99 or sunt, now thats bad.
      The only cool thing about Transformers, is the robots. I mean... is that enough? ... I guess it is to some people, but I found the whole film irritating, rather than fun.

If the actual CGI Transformers are what people love, then they should have had no human characters, and just a massive robot war.

I'd have loved to see a focus on all the different Transformers, with Optimus Prime actually being a cool character, and Megatron being really really evil and menacing.

The fact that the Animated Movie is far far better, proves how dire the live action movie is.

Lots of people have complained about the focus on a teenage boy's love life, and other stupid things, that are supposed to be funny, but aren't.

I found the Autobots to be cringeworthy, or simply boring. It's sad... because if you watch the original cartoon movie again, with child mode switched on in your brain, you realise how great it was, and still is.

I don't think nice looking CGI is enough. Independence Day has a great script, full of good humour, interesting things to see, good acting etc... in comparison to the lame Transformers experience. I used to really dislike ID. Now I give it respect.

I'll watch Transmorphers, because it might actually have some enjoyable elements to it.

Comment

i suggest you see the trailer for transmorphers first, leon

as for the transformers movie, i'm most upset about the fact i have to skip to the robot bits in a robot film

still didn't stop my buying it on hddvd last year, though! i think we just need to accept that the stuff we used to like is being dug up for these new audiences who (according to movie bosses at least) demand a teenager with a love interest in every film going.

oh and a peeing scene of some sort. or any toilet humour, for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
          i suggest you see the trailer for transmorphers first, leon

as for the transformers movie, i'm most upset about the fact i have to skip to the robot bits in a robot film

still didn't stop my buying it on hddvd last year, though! i think we just need to accept that the stuff we used to like is being dug up for these new audiences who (according to movie bosses at least) demand a teenager with a love interest in every film going.

oh and a peeing scene of some sort. or any toilet humour, for that matter.
          I think the creators had a lot of ideas when it came to choosing the direction and tone of the film. They must have pondered whether to go for a straight robot war film, or something more Disney-esque, and ended-up choosing a middleground, which in my opinion, didn't work.

I simply wanted to see huge transforming robots with a lot of character, having a massive battle. What I got was a goofy guy, a very irritating love interest, Optimus Prime with a weak persona( not forgetting the dreadful voice) ... and a severe lack of menace to the proceedings.

As much as moments of the film were impressive from a CGI perspecive, the overall package is messy and lacking balls.

It's sad, because it could have been good if the script writers hadn't been so eager to please parents and teenage girls.

Comment

I'm gonna risk lynching and say that I enjoyed it

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
              Independence Day has a great script, full of good humour, interesting things to see, good acting etc... in comparison to the lame Transformers experience. I used to really dislike ID. Now I give it respect.
              I was almost with you until you said this, LOL!

I loved the movie and I was first in line to say it was **** when the movie came out but it just blew me away and transformed me (see what I did there?) into a little kid which is what I wanted! I've seen it 5 times now and still love every second of it. I showed it to my brother recently and all he could say when it finished was "whens the second one coming out"

Comment

Originally posted by NecronomiconUK View Post
                I'm gonna risk lynching and say that I enjoyed it
                I'll go one better and say that I loved it. Took me back to being a kid watching the cartoons.

Comment

It's a hell of a lot more watchable than the original movie is these days. I remember seeing it at the cinema at the time and loving it but I tried to rewatch it last year and just found it utterly unbearable.

Comment

Optimus Prime with a weak persona( not forgetting the dreadful voice) ...
                    WTF. Hearing Peter Cullen's voice is the only good thing about the film.

Comment

I loved it too...I bought the Wii game yesterday and love that too.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        I loved it too...I bought the Wii game yesterday and love that too.
                        You and the other fans, scare me, you really do.

It's a terrible film. Did you lot really enjoy everything about the film? ... Surely... the CGI Transformers are the only interesting, positive thing about the film? ... Everything else about it is sooo cheesy, irritating, and lame.

Transformers are great creations. If only the film was a complete package, and did them justice.

Comment

Its an horific film. Transformers hiding in a garden?? THEY'RE TRANSFORMERS, THEY CAN PARK ON THE STREET AND NOT BE SEEN!!

Comment

It's a movie about giant talking robots from space who can change shape to anything they "scan". I don't think it's possible to accept that premise as anything other than dumb entertainment. Picking holes in it is kinda missing the point.

They're talking transforming robots from space fighting over a Rubik's cube.

I thought the film was fun. Some funny moments, yes some crap moments like the robot having a piss, but it's a kids film and I'm sure if I was 8 I'd have laughed at that bit too.

Comment

You and the other fans, scare me, you really do.

It's a terrible film. Did you lot really enjoy everything about the film? ... Surely... the CGI Transformers are the only interesting, positive thing about the film? ... Everything else about it is sooo cheesy, irritating, and lame.

Transformers are great creations. If only the film was a complete package, and did them justice.
                              That's fine, I have the original animated movie on
                              1. Original 1986 VHS
                              2. 2000(?) VHS re-release
                              3. 2001(?) Un-cut DVD release
                              And the soundtrack CD of course. I love it. I was really shocked to hear "The Touch" in Boogie Nights.

The live-action movie was exactly as I expected it to be and fit perfectly into the current generation of movies. But I don't want convoluted storylines in my comicbook action movies, I want over the top action and a small sprinkling of purile humour to release the tension. Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post

The live-action movie was exactly as I expected it to be and fit perfectly into the current generation of movies. But I don't want convoluted storylines in my comicbook action movies, I want over the top action and a small sprinkling of purile humour to release the tension. Perfect.
                                I didn't want anything complex, just in-ya-face action, with a lot of the cool charismatic Transformers.

Sadly, the Transformers in the film are more Disney-esque and lacking in the personality department. Optimus Prime and his friends, have been reduced to a much more stupid level. I simply didn't like the Transformers as much, even though they looked pretty good.

The script is weak and lacking in substance. It just didn't have the menace, suspense, or urgency, that would get my adrenaline flowing.

It just seemed too sedate, cheesy, and the comedy failed to make me laugh once.

I'm a fan of Transformers as models for kids, and the old cartoons, but I can't side with anyone who says the live action film is good.

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                                It's a movie about giant talking robots from space who can change shape to anything they "scan". I don't think it's possible to accept that premise as anything other than dumb entertainment. Picking holes in it is kinda missing the point.

They're talking transforming robots from space fighting over a Rubik's cube.

I thought the film was fun. Some funny moments, yes some crap moments like the robot having a piss, but it's a kids film and I'm sure if I was 8 I'd have laughed at that bit too.
                                There is good "Dumb Entertainment" and bad. Transformers is bad, simply because it's not very entertaining and very irritating, with a small dose of thrills when you see how cool theTransformers can look in CGI.

I didn't expect an adult film with a deep script, just lots of thrills and excitement. The bad points( chessiness, annoying human cast, weak script, misguided focus etc.. ) ... just ruined it for me.
                                Last edited by Leon Retro; 15-03-2008, 00:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X