No announcement yet.

Hulk (and now The Incredible Hulk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Spiderman was crap with many many errors. Like the magic breaking and auto fixing glass behind Kristen Dunst when Spidey saved her. Or the fact that he's on the Empire state building when there is another one behind. Or the ever moving disappearing reappearing spider bite.

I think Xmen 1 and 2 top Spiderman big time, I mean come on, Halle Berry as a mutant. Hooah! Spiderman with repeat viewings show's how weak it really truely is. I liked the hulk it might have a bit too long but, like I said earlier nobody said that about the overdone Zion orgy bit in the Matrix. What a waste, they all die anyway.

Comment

I really enjoyed this (much more so than Spider-man actually), although I can see how it could not appeal to some (if not most) filmgoers.

One of my favourite things was the clever use of wipes, fades, dissolves and splitscreens that were used to transition between scenes. It really gave the feel of a graphic novel; the splitscreens especially viewing the same scene from different angles.

I guess this film is about audience expectations. I went into it knowing it would be a slow, character-based action film, rather than a balls-to-the-wall Hulk-smashathon.

Neither was I disappointed by the CGI, of which I had heard bad things. Some of it is flaky admittedly.
      Originally posted by spoiler
      the mutated dogs fight scene
      But the Hulk himself was superb, especially facially where you could see him acting, with the emotions flickering across his face.

Loved it (seemingly at odds with the majority view though).

CJ

Comment

I`m not one for over analyzing a film and say to myself at the end of it, did i enjoy it? With the Hulk the answer was yes. The film didn`t drag like people were saying and it was a decent attempt to make some thing more than an all out action flick. I thought for the most part Hulk looked pretty decent and can`t believe people were saying he didn`t looked realistic enough. Come on how can you make a character like the Hulk look realistic, he`s a green giant. Only downer was the ending with nick nolte, which was abit of a cop out and thought they could think up something abit better that. Overall though i enjoyed it and it`s a shame more people didn`t.

Comment

Best Superhero movie since batman returns.

The best thing about it is that it seems to be the most serious out of all of the recent campathon superhero flicks.

Comment

I also enjoyed the film, probably more than I thought I would having read this thread.

It was slow at times, but I couldnt see how the Hulk film could be anything but like this. An all out action film wouldnt have worked because of the way Hulk is - he is by his nature in an uncontrollable rage.

I would like this to have been put across a bit better - for instance almost everyone he threw about survived (god knows how). I guess this added to us feeling "sorry" for him, or sympathising with him, but I didnt really think it worked.

And as previous posters have said it certainly lacked a clearly defined enemy.

However, overall, it was enjoyable and I would recommend it to others.

Comment

The hulk certainly is the best comic book movie yet and it really didn't seem that long or dragged out. In fact, to me it felt as if it was rushed towards the end when:
              Banners dad turns into a supervillain for no apparent reason then the final fight lasts less then 5 minutes?
              But the splitscreen-ed-ness (is that a word?) is very effective except when it becomes a bit gimmicky e.g.
              When Talbot (is that his name?) explodes it draws a white line around him. Very funny but stupid and out of place.
              Still, a lot better then all the reviews said and I'm glad I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Jameson
                One of my favourite things was the clever use of wipes, fades, dissolves and splitscreens that were used to transition between scenes. It really gave the feel of a graphic novel; the splitscreens especially viewing the same scene from different angles.
                I have just come back from seeing the film and the above comments were the only real saving graces for me. I had high hopes for the film but came away very disappointed.

It was a brave move I guess to try and concentrate on the character of Buce and the Hulk rather than making it an action fest that so many of these comic book films become. Unfortunately its just very dull. The dialogue isnt strong enough to carry the film between the action sequences and then when we get to the action we have the Hulk come up against a poodle These action sequences were just crap. I was worried that the current technology wouldnt manage a convincing Hulk, and Im sad to say I was right. In the majority of the film it worked fine but there were a few examples of it looking very bad.

Also was I the only one who struggled to see what was going on in the final battle? It might have been the screen I saw it on, but it didnt work very well.

Comment

New Hulk design from Comic Con (cam) for the Incredible Hulk film due next year:

Quick clip of concept art for the Hulk shown during San Diego Comic-Con 2007. (for the 2008 movie, not the Avengers)

Comment

Willem Dafoe hulk!

Comment

I was worries about IGNs description of the New Hulk but that pic looked brilliant!

*phew*

Comment

The official The Incredible Hulk site is now live:

Comment

Sounds good with the Abomination thing but the action bar has been seriously raised by Transformers. If they're gonna have massive fight scenes in New York then they better get some sick choreography!

Comment

At least it's not a sequel to Hulk...

Comment

Good cast at least nice to see Tim Roth in something cant remember the last film he was in.

Comment

The Lee version is my favourite "superhero" film ever.

I hearts Jennifer Connelly...

Comment

Working...
                                X