No announcement yet.

Hulk (and now The Incredible Hulk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good film Not great, but enjoyable. I think if they'd merged the two Hulk films, they'd have one brilliant film - this one lacks any real emotional resonance. Despite Ed being in it, it's Hulk-Lite.

Action is great, good to see a proper throwdown after the relatively weak Iron Man climax. This film certainly isn't as good as Iron Man, but it's a step in the right direction.

And FULL credit to whoever put the Stark cameo right at the end of the MOVIE and not the ****ing credits. That way, people, not just the anoraks, get to see the scene.

Comment

Watched this last night, so disappointed. Action was weak and boring, all the cast do their job but so did the others in the last film. As intelligent was Ang Lees film, this one is just severely dumbed down but still doesnt satisfy on any level.

Comment

I thought this was pretty good, glad to see the hulk smash stuff and the last fight was pretty intense even if it did resemble a cgi cartoon. In fact, I'd say that the special effects on the hulk and abomination weren't very believable but thats quite a harsh criticism considering the subjects (a massive green man and a huge spiky man).

I found it thoroughly enjoyable, much more so than ang lee's (which i enjoyed all the same, just not enough hulk smash). Iron man is still the film to beat this summer, but this was a good effort and worth a watch.

Comment

I serioulsy doubt this movie will spawn a sequel as the marketing campaign was a lot smaller than the last time round. Therefore I believe less people will see it, but I'll wait for the box office figures. It sertainly leaves a few options opened for a Hulk 2

Ironman is excellent but The Dark Knight looks like a contender for best comic book film ever if they get it right . . .

Comment

There were alot of stark and fury refs thro the film and the Captain Americia nod was nice, but the credits that dismissed Ang Lee's filme and the Hulk smash line were craptastic imoh.
            Bar the scenes I did not like above, the only way this could be better is with a Pepper Potts cameo mmmm movie Pepper

Comment

Oh man, either tomorrow or Sunday I'll be watching this and The Happening. Great double bill, cant wait!

Comment

Saw this last night i enjoyed thought it was good, Liked Ironman better but i want to wait for the Blu-ray and see what Marvel cut. Would like to see Nortons final cut of the film because i admire most of his work apprently the film was 3 hours long.

Comment

There's apparently an extra 70 mins of cut footage which will be going onto the Blu-ray disc.

Comment

That's a lot of extra footage!

Just saw this today, I really enjoyed it. Like Ironman, I did feel a bit weird towards the end, I can't describe it exactly, it felt to me like there was a beginning and end but no real middle section, I dunno

It had the Ironman-esque 'subtle' product placement (notable examples for me were Lumix and, of course, Sandisk!), but as with Ironman I don't mind them in these two films as I've enjoyed the films themselves enough to warrant it, not to mention I'm loving the whole Marvel independence thing.

Also loved Lou Ferrigno's cameo, it had a select few of us cracking up!

But what was the Captain America nod? I'm worried it was something painfully obvious so would make me out to be a gimp.

Oh, and only a woman could leave a camera on AND in her pocket for all that time

Comment

Saw it at the weekend and thought it was a right lot of ****e.

Lots of scenes of ppl walking around doing nothing to eeire music. Then Hulk smashing things up. Where was the dialogue, back story etc etc.

Just lots of furtive looks and BS. The wife like it tho.

Much preferred Ang Lee's film.

Comment

Tim Roth was absolutely disgraceful in this film. Proper gash like. Lou Ferringo's cameo made this movie for me. That man is HUGE. He has an incredible physique for anyone but at his age that's just amazing.

And I know it's a bit silly to complain about this in a movie featuring a giant indestructible mutant and female scientists as hot as Liv Tyler, but SRSLY - the bit in the start of the movie, where the

special forces guys are running around the Brazilian shanty town with weapons clearly visiable? PUH-LEEZE. If anyone even vaguely government-looking goes anywhere near those places they unleash all merry hell on them. EVERYONE has guns. Even strangers get murdered just for being on someone else's turf without permission. I remember seeing in a magazine article, they had the army go into one of these places and clear it out, and the stuff they brought out was just scary. They had a mounted .50 cal machinegun set up and ready to rock in one house

There's no way they would get away with that.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                          Lou Ferringo's cameo made this movie for me. That man is HUGE. He has an incredible physique for anyone but at his age that's just amazing.
                          Yes, it's amazing what steroids, testosterone, insulin and growth hormones will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                            Yes, it's amazing what steroids, testosterone, insulin and growth hormones will do.
                            What an unexpected response.........so how long have you been studying bodybuilding?

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                              What an unexpected response.........so how long have you been studying bodybuilding?
                              You really don't want to start questioning my knowledge on these things. I'm not a juicer myself, would never touch the stuff, but I've seen the results numerous times.

It's safe to say that any top body builder uses all that stuff. Though I don't think they injected insulin back in Ferrigno's day.

Next you'll be telling me it's all natural

Comment

Plus the fact that its been well documented in books on the subject, which I have read. Vince McMahon hooked him up (apparantly... he was found not guilty on a technicality) with a load of roids when he was the face of his short lived World Bodubuilding Federation.

Lou Ferringo got his physique through the juice no question. You also have to train hard obviously so he deserves some credit but the results wouldnt be anywhere near as impressive.

You also believe Hulk Hogan got his physique from vitamins and milk?!

Comment

Working...
                                X