Grindhouse - Tarantino and Rodriguez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
    So if im wanting to recreate the as intended grindhouse experience at home in a double bill stylee, i should in fact be watching Planet Terror first followed by Death Proof? Correct-a-mondo?
    Right on, my brother from another mother!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
      I got mine from Amazon.jp so I'm expecting a big dirty customs bill in the coming weeks from FedEx!
      that made me laugh and almost sprayed my laptop for some reason

Comment

Cheers for the heads-up guys. Just booked for Greenwich next week.
        Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

i'm going to try and go to the Harrogate showing

any body else up for it

Comment

Take it you don't live in Bellshill anymore then?

Comment

The showing local to me is on May 20th and I must go, but I was just wondering how far in advance you can buy Odeon tickets - anyone know? I guess it would be just the week beforehand? Cheers

Comment

Just phone up and reserve, don't want to miss your chance!

Comment

Just phone up and reserve, don't want to miss your chance!
                  I emailed Odeon and they said that I would be able to book my tickets on Tuesday 13th May, the week before Tuesday 20th May when my local Odeon is showing GH

Comment

I watched it in Basildon Essex, which admittedly isn't the cultural epicenter of the UK, they had it on two screens and the cinema I was in was about a third full...

Comment

Take it you don't live in Bellshill anymore then?
                      i do live in Bellshill

but i work in the Yorkshire dales and have a free flat in Harrogate

Comment

Just seen this tonight at GFT. It was a great experience to see the whole thing again in the cinema. Audience all laughing together at funny parts and gasping when balls get cut off or heads blown up, etc!

Then at the end EVERYONE pure cheered and clapped, biggest applause I've ever seen in a cinema, it was weird! But still cool.

And I hadn't seen the trailers before which I wanted to avoid until I seen the full feature so it was excellent seeing them for the first time. Thanksgiving was absolutely hilarious. So messed up!

And I loved Don't too!

"If you... are thinking... of going... into... this house... DON'T!"

Awesome!

And I didn't like the idea of missing out the lapdance scene in DP. Alot of people who haven't seen DP on it's own will probably be annoyed at that being left out. It felt weird without all the scenes he removed for that one too, but still good and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it as a double feature!

Comment

And I didn't like the idea of missing out the lapdance scene in DP. Alot of people who haven't seen DP on it's own will probably be annoyed at that being left out.
                          I liked Death Proof a helluva lot more without the lapdance scene. It should never had been filmed. Nowt wrong with messing with the audience a bit. Build the anticipation up, and then SNIP, onto the next scene. Rodriguez got the joke, just a shame QT didn't. Which gives me another reason not to like Death Proof - it makes me question my sexuality.

Comment

I saw Planet Terror no9t long ago and thought it was wicked. Made me laugh a lot as well. I`m not sure whether to watch Death proof or not.

Comment

did it have the hobo with a shotgun trailer

apparently Canada got the release with an extra trailer

my favourite fake movie is thanksgiving, just a classic looking gory horror

Comment

anybody up for the Southampton showing this evening

Comment

Working...
                                X