No announcement yet.

Grindhouse - Tarantino and Rodriguez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just can't bring myself to spend £50 on a six disc set when one of the films is really, truly ****. **** you Tarantino and your tedious ego trip of a film.

Planet Terror was cool though.

Comment

"Greetings from Amazon.co.jp

You ordered the product we shipped today.

Order processing is completed successfully to know about this.

Amazon.co.jp available Thank you. We use
      Us."

How I laughed!

Can't wait though, wonder when it'll arrive!

Comment

Its Here!!

It's sooo pretty!

Comment

Watched Planet Terror yesterday for the first time and thought it was fantastic.

Comment

Rossco how much and where did you order from, that looks fab. It must have been completley off my radar.

Comment

What region is that and is it subtitled etc?

Comment

Japanese, so it's region 2. Full English audio etc. http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...e-70-2h1v.html

Can't justify £50 on one good movie (Deathproof is gash).

Comment

Why on earth do the majority of people think that Deathproof is such a terrible film - you lot are wrong in the head! I suppose we can't all like the same thing but seriously, I found it thoroughly entertaining and don't understand the animosity towards this film. I enjoyed Planet Terror too, and perhaps a bit more than I liked Deathproof, but c'mon boys, it really wasn't that bad!

Comment

Yeah I'm the same, I love them both to pieces and can't understand how people don't like Death Proof, it's classic QT, and fair enough if you don't like his films, but it's just the same as the others really!

I got mine from Amazon.jp so I'm expecting a big dirty customs bill in the coming weeks from FedEx!

Comment

Death Proof is like extremely lazy QT - he can't even be vaguely bothered to vaguely "hide" his foot fetish shots, for example. Vaguely.

And, hey, when it comes to der Kurt of Russell I'm marching out in front of the band with my copy of Tango and Cash stuck to my head, but even I fell asleep during Death Proof. It's soooo dullllllll. PLUS: Kurt goes out whining like a bitch, which I simply will not accept.

Not. Accept.
                      Last edited by anephric; 26-03-2008, 17:07.

Comment

Planet Terror is good fun, but has Robert Rodriguez ever seen a genuine '70s exploitation flick? I did like the missing reel bit, but find it kinda amusing that my favourite bit is something you don't see.

Death Proof at least feels slightly more authentically Grindhousey. By that I mean, it's 90% total crap and 10% awesome - ie. the Kurt bits.

I'm sure QT intended it as some sort of celebration of Girl Power but those beeches are unbearable. I did like whiny Kurt, though. But then again, if I had to spend any amount of time listening to those bimbettes I'd whine like a bitch, too.

Comment

I'd like to get all animalistic with Jungle Julia, that's all I know.

Comment

I didn't mind Deathproof but did feel things started to flag quite badly after that bit in the middle. And no, I'm not talking about the lap dance scene

The problem I had was that the

second set

of characters were just annoying. I've already expressed my complete contempt for Zoe Bell's acting ability on here before so won't do it again, but she bugged the hell out of me.

He seemed to just remake the first section of the film all over again but throw in the scene at the end. As anephric said, it was QT at his laziest.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                              IThe problem I had was that the

second set

of characters were just annoying. I've already expressed my complete contempt for Zoe Bell's acting ability on here before so won't do it again, but she bugged the hell out of me.
                              I agree with every word of this ... and I'm hoping the Grindhouse cut gets rid of some of that second half cringe-fest (I think the fist half is awesome, btw).

Like I said in an earlier post though, the whole double feature thing really appeals to me and I'm really looking forward to watching it in that format.

Comment

Watched the whole shebang (Grindhouse) last night and have to say it was class. The experience is huge and gels amazingly. I'll definitely watch it in this format again.

Planet Terror I'd never seen before. Thought it did a great job of (re)creating an early VCR era action/horror film but I really wanted it to be a bit scarier and nastier. Still really enjoyable but on the whole not as good as Death Proof IMO.

As much as I've bitched and moaned about the second half of DP I really enjoyed the whole thing this time. It seems the more I watch it the more I like it. I may even pick the ost up in hmv at lunchtime in their '2 for a tenner' deal

Lastly, the trailers were top too. 'Don't' is particularly good. Very funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X