No announcement yet.

Heroes, Another US TV show cracker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i reckon Hiro punctured a hole in time and thats why sylar didnt stop him, its not the first time he beat him in that episode or he read the comic book and noticed that Hiro stabbed him and let him do it, which in turn led to the exploding man

either way a tremendous series, i favoured this over 24 when it came to downloading it

Comment

Watched this last night, not bad, but better than I was expecting. BBC have the rights to Season 2, and are showing Season 1 this summer

BBC gets exclusivity for 'Heroes' season 2

The BBC is thought to have paid around £400,000 an episode for the second season of Heroes - even though it has yet to show the first.

The new deal represents a five-fold increase on the amount the corporation paid for season one, which will air on BBC Two over the summer.

Sci Fi Channel had first-run rights to season one, but was forced out of the bidding for season two as the price tag rose.

Season two will now air on both BBC Two and digital channel BBC Three from next year.

Comment

Just echoing the sentiments others have expressed - the last episode was a disappointment. It didn't end with the bang we were all expecing, it wasn't even a whimper really.

Shame as it was a good first season otherwise. Overshadowed a little by the now back on form Lost, which is so much better written than Heroes.

Comment

It should have ended, in my opinion, by

having the Peter\Sylar fight echoing the fight they had in the future, both with radioactive powers but it goes so over the top that the fight itself is the nuclear explosion. The cost of taking down sylar was to destroy new york

etc etc.

Comment

Awesome show... the whole season was building up to this finale, and the pay off was good. I for one cannot wait for the next season/volume. Just hope that the writers do not get too complacent and ruin it.
            Last edited by Crazyeyes_UK; 26-05-2007, 21:27.

Comment

After being told about this last year I finally started watching it this week and it is amazing! I wish I took my colleague's advice and started watching it sooner.

Comment

I still think Nathans alive now, as we all know in any sci-fi/fantasy series/soap even if the main character dies there are ways of making them come back.

I cant wait to see who or what this thing more evil than Sylar is although Im pissed that

Sylar appears to have survived the final episode. They should've killed him off finally, but it should have been more dramatic.

Also who else was surprised that Hiro hadnt freezed time when he was training with his father. I wanted a real Goku-Gohan Dragonball Z moment where he took 2 years out in the space of less than a second and became a arse kicking samurai to help take out Sylar.

Comment

I haven't watched any of this but I get regular Tuesday morning updates from my colleague. I shall be getting the box set when it's out...

So... even though Peter is the most powerful person there he also seems to be the most stupid, which I can imagine is quite annoying. He can fly, he can stop time... but he just stands there and lets Sylar TK him. Duh.

They also seem to have broken the time line

as NY was supposed to be destroyed, Hiro's mate is supposed to be killed by Sylar, etc. Does the storyline not care about keeping this consistent? What is shown in the comic is what happens, even though it may not be quite the way you expect. The last episode deviates from that.

The hint for S2 sounds cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nijo View Post

They also seem to have broken the time line

as NY was supposed to be destroyed, Hiro's mate is supposed to be killed by Sylar, etc. Does the storyline not care about keeping this consistent? What is shown in the comic is what happens, even though it may not be quite the way you expect. The last episode deviates from that.

The hint for S2 sounds cool though.
                    Agreed that it was a little annoying that Peter was the strongest but his mother often hints at how he is weaker than his brother and too kind hearted to be ruthless when required.

Also Nathan realises that "the future is not set in stone" which is why we havethe ending we do. Come on, everyone must have realised before the end that

New York was never gonna blow up!

Comment

I think Peter's skill is just to absorb skills, not necessarily to be any good at using them. Sylar on the other hand can make them better than before...

It's also possible that the comic and Hiro's future are only the most likely future, but that it can be (sometimes) changed with a bit of effort.

Not that I've seen any of it. I just thought it would be cool to have

NY destroyed

Comment

This starts, with a double-bill, at 9pm on BBC2 from Wednesday 25th July if anyone hasn't seen this wonderful show yet

Comment

Second series starts on September 24th in USA, according to the latest "Behind the Eclipse", can't wait.

Comment

I think Peter's skill is just to absorb skills, not necessarily to be any good at using them. Sylar on the other hand can make them better than before...
                            Peter has the recall the feeling of a particular person to be able to use the power, so he could of absorbed loads more (he could of even absorbed all of sylar's) but he doesn't know how to access them.

Comment

Well, I watched the first 2 episodes tonight. Thought I'd watch it the old fashioned way rather than pirate it like a few on here!
                              Does it get any better? It's a bit rubbish - so far it's like someone ripped off the 'white light' event from Marvels 1986 New Universe comics. I thought it was a Lost 'beater'?!

**the ending was to ep 2 was quite good**
                              Last edited by bignige; 26-07-2007, 23:27.

Comment

Yes Nige - You've ****ed up by watching terrestrial wtf is wrong with you ? I've told many people you need to watch 1-4 back to back and from there on in you're hooked. Or dead inside.

Not that I've seen any of it. I just thought it would be cool to have

NY destroyed

Yes Nijo - You are aware of the following :

a) It's a USA TV show
                                b) 9/11

Think about it

Comment

Working...
                                X