BPX093: The Greatest Phase Four MCU Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I felt let down we didn't get one complete movie between these two where Peter spends the film as a fully public Spider-Man.
    That was true after Homecoming too. The threads there were never carried through and then just replaced by what happened in the post credits of Far From Home. Actually I feel like that's become a regular Marvel thing now - just have some setup in the post credits scene that will never, ever pay off.

And yes, I also felt Garfield was the strongest Spidey of the bunch.

Comment

I felt genuinely bad for him in TAS1 when he has a bust-up with Uncle Ben, who is being unnecessarily harsh on Peter, but he never got the chance to reconcile with him.

Garf was my fave too.

No Way Home was really good in that it had a great story with some nice arc resolutions for several characters without being like the Super Mario Movie, which felt like they started with a load of references, then loosely draped a story over it.

Comment

They did well in keeping it simple with Garfields Spider-Man. It helped that he'd only gone 6 years or so between films so it would carry some freshness both in his own mind in playing the role but also the audiences in picking up the messy story beats from ASM2 but they wisely brushed a lot aside and by keeping the character quite understated it let Garfield focus on simple delivery which is why the Saving MJ scene is so simple and clean yet incredibly effective.

Comment

Working...
        X