Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pacing was just right. It is a long film but I didn't feel it dragged at any stage. The first couple of hours are all about the build up of the story and the last half hour or so is where all the action happens.
    Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Tomorrow at the imax for me

Comment

Not once did I even think to look at my watch.

I'm still buzzing about the film now. The Na'vi were so well realised, Cameron and a linguist even created a language for them, that you would honestly think they exist somewhere.

The visual effects were both astonishing and beautiful. The level of detail in the faces was immense, whatever emotion they were conveying, and the eyes were so expressive.

Comment

Took me about 40 mins to forget about 3d and it was like looking thro a window, I was stunned and very rarely now am I stunned

Comment

How's the film on the 'audience guilt' stakes?

Films which drill in "these humans are bad, you are a human too" are a pet hate. Never been a fan of films that lecture you.

Comment

Humans are fair bad though. A lot of people were killed during the 1900's.

8:45pm tomorrow! arghhh!! Everyone is gushing over this, even non-gushers.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                How's the film on the 'audience guilt' stakes?

Films which drill in "these humans are bad, you are a human too" are a pet hate. Never been a fan of films that lecture you.
                not all the humans are bad, just the company and (most of) the marines.
                There are a lot of aliens comparisons

Comment

Saw this in the morning with a mate and we both had the same view, about as average as films can get. It's exceptionally directed but tells an incredibly clich? and predictable story which just about holds the film up but doesn't slighty beg for the trilogy he's mentioned. The CG is strong throughout but the supporting characters are too two dimensional and the main characters often acting dumbly for plots sake. The 3D... I'd say it's no more effective than in any other film either. I've seen tons of worse films this year and it's worth a punt to kill a few hours but nothing more.

It's his sci-fi Titanic. An old yarn wrapped in a hi-tec big budget which people will flood to through hype but not care about later. Good but not worth the wait

Comment

I thought it was absolutly brilliant, glad to see old Jim back.

Comment

does anyone else have the issue of 3d glasses not working for them? i remember seeing spy kids 3d years ago in the cinema and the glasses just didn't work. really looking forward to avatar so don't want to ruin it by having it look like this the whole way through

Comment

Yes!!!!

I don't get on with 3D glasses at all. Every film I have seen I have a problem with focusing on the stuff coming out of the screen. Up wasn't too bad as the effect was subtle, but other films have been ruined for me by showy 3D coming right out of the screen. All I see is a blurry mess.

Everyone else I've spoken to doesn't have this problem. I wear contacts and have a bad astigmatism in one eye. I don't know if that makes a difference?

Comment

Yep, I'd say it's the astigmatism because it's only in one eye and basically your two views aren't matching. It's something you probably don't notice in everyday looking (hard to know how to put that) but the 3D thing is so twitchy and requires your eyes to put things together exactly.

I used to have the same problem but, for whatever reason, my astigmatism isn't as bad as it once was so I can do the 3D thing but it usually gives me a headache fairly quicky because I think my eyes are still struggling.

Comment

So with the whole planet going doolally over 3D being the next big thing, am I screwed?

Comment

Yes!
                              Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

just got back from this, utterly amazing visuals and sound but its a bit too long and the story could have been tossed out by anybody who's watched a few films.

not sure its just old Sigourny Beaver being in it but so many bits reminded me of Aliens (no bad thing).

from a spectacle point of view its utterly amazing but the story is pretty generic.

well worth a watch though.

Comment

Working...
                                X