No announcement yet.

Skins (E4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam and Joe did a great bit about this on their radio show the other week.

This programme really is hilarious, but for all the wrong reasons.

Comment

Tonights episode was actually pretty good

shame the last 3 were awful

David - still surprised you like this, may have to ban you from the nip tuck club

Comment

Were some funny bits in last nights one must admit.

NT has been great hasn't it Jason.

Comment

Completely sidelined the first two series of this despite the fuss made at the end of S2 so made a point of watching a couple of this. Already? I'm out. I don't think a dip in quality is what's off putting to me, more that it's tosh. I can never shake the feeling that it's been written by a 14-15yr old. One of those shows where the more I think about it the more I hate it, so I'm jumping ship before I Hulk out. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
            NT has been great hasn't it Jason.
            get into the Nip/tuck thread and spill

episode 19 is probably one of my favourites

Comment

No-one watching this any more? I think it's been getting better and better. Really enjoyed the JJ episode in particular. I've been glad to see a lot less of Cooke though.

Last ep this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                No-one watching this any more? I think it's been getting better and better. Really enjoyed the JJ episode in particular. I've been glad to see a lot less of Cooke though.

Last ep this week.
                every episode has been good since number 4

funny thing is Cooke hasnt been used alot since the first 3, which is probably the reason its been pretty good

Comment

I kinda agree with what you're saying there Broon. I really dislike Cooke but I think that's the point. He's like that really annoying guy that was at school with you that you never liked, no-one properly liked him but he seemed to be super popular and have all the fun regardless.

He's definitely key to the story.

I watched a couple of old episodes in the last week that I'd recorded from Dev night on E4. The end of the Tony getting hit by the bus episode (Series one final ep, Anwars birthday) was just great. Sid singing Wild World with some lines from Tony, Chris and Maxxie. Very good, emotional. It's def peaked my interest for this weeks finale. Unfortunately, I'm moving house on Thursday but I'll be sure to have the TV and video set up at least so I can record it.

Comment

I've been enjoying this quite a lot. I thought Cooke was alright at the start but for some reason, they made him a completely one-dimensional cock, whereas if we'd had a bit of a back story on him, like we have all the others, we might be a bit more sympathetic to his character. As it stands, he's just an annoying git! He could have quite easily been a decent addition to the show, similar to the wonderful Chris from the first 2 series. Chris was easily the best in those first 2, but if he hadn't had a back story, he'd have been just as bad as Cooke. Cooke has been inadvertently alienated, and I don't think even a decent back story (broken home, drunken mother, violent father etc.) would make the slightest bit of difference to how most people feel about his character now!

I think the twins, Pandora and JJ are probably the most interesting this time round, Naomi too. Freddie and Effy are ok, but they do wind me up too! Cooke needs more expansion if he is to return.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                      I kinda agree with what you're saying there Broon. I really dislike Cooke but I think that's the point.
                      you can have a character who is created for you to dislike and thats a good thing

Cooke's character just isnt real, Skins itself is meant to be like teenage struggle of today and they try and show you what goes on in a teenagers life (to an extent)

Cooke is like a fantasy character

the birthday episode just made him unreal to me, he drinks 10+ pints, bottles of vodka and an entire Birthday cake and isnt the worse for wear then tries to shag a gangsters (another poor character) daughter

Just showing an example of the writers trying to create something that doesnt really work

every other character seems to work, he just doesnt fit

Comment

Completely agree Buster. Good points well made.

Dan, I remember you saying you were giving up, glad you've stuck with it and it's turned you around.

Comment

I've always liked Skins Al, I think perhaps you have me confused with someone else...

Comment

Just looked back through the thread, totally confused myself, no idea why I thought it was you that'd decided to stop watching as it was indeed someone else.

So, Skins, yeah.....

Comment

Its funny this popped up today as i managed to get a hold of all 9 eps that have been shown yesterday. Think ima wait till the final eps before i go back and watch it from the 3rd eps.

shocking and shameless drama i must say..........

Think they said that another series is planned...........

Comment

I only really discovered Skins in time for the stellar ending to the second season (I still maintain, the Cassie episode is peerless in its handling of a major character departure in that way), but I have been enjoying the third season a great deal. I agree, though, that it's improved as the series has gone along. My problem with the first few episodes, particular the ones with Mackenzie Crook, was that the surrealism was taken to the extreme, and episodes 2 and 3 in particular couldn't even pretend to reflect the complexities of everyday teenage life, even in an exaggerated way: they were just bizarre.

However, it seems to have hit its stride subsequently. The breakdown of the male friendship group, and the subtle question of how much that is Effy's fault or an inevitability because of Cook, has been really well done, while I thought that Emily/Naomi's storyline was really something to root for. I'm very much looking forward to the finale, as the writers have left themselves in a good position: most of the major season arcs have been resolved, so the last episode has breathing room to really shake things up and leave us hanging until the fourth season.

Comment

Working...
                                X