No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a case of "The George Lucas Strikes Back" (see what I did there?). Each of the SW Prequels originally had a very decent sounding name, but for some reason George poo-pooed them all and went with soppy "I want these movies to appeal to 5 year olds" titles.

I agree that this sounds more like a He-man adventure than an Indy one.

Comment

*sigh*

Comment

Thing is, does anyone really believe they're going to be able to recapture the Indy magic? If the film doesn't live up to the originals, I can't see the name mattering a damn. If it does, I'll forgive any title.

Comment

The title is naff of that there is little doubt (I suppose the Da Vinci Code put paid to the hunt for any more Jesus-related artefacts).

However, I have more faith in this than the new Star Wars films (the downside is that of course my expectations are higher). If nothing else Spielberg's presence should at least ensure the film is competently directed, and hopefully not too blue-screen intensive.

Comment

He-Man sprung to my mind when I heard the title too. Shame

As for it recapturing the magic of the original. I doubt that tbh. It needs to try and distance itself from the likes of Tomb Raider too.
            Last edited by ChrisF; 10-09-2007, 14:48.

Comment

Crystal skulls rock. Read up on them. Plus Mastodon do a song called "Crystal Skull" - I would love to see Indy whipping the frig out of some nazis with that playing in the background.

Comment

Right on or 'Blood & Thunder'.

Comment

I must admit I really hope this works, but i'm still not sold on how well it will fit in with the other 3.

Thats another perfectly boxset ruined!

I have to say the title doesn't make me immediately think of He-Man? Whats the story with that?

Comment

He-Man because of Castle Grey Skull.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
                      Actually, a Crystal Skull sounds like some sort of artifact you'd find in a Saturday morning kid's cartoon show. You could say based on your assumption that a number of movies would remind you of he-man, simply because the word "skull" features in the title.

Lucas wants this movie to appeal to kids as well as adults which is a shame as I see it being too restricted as to what it can achieve, something that the orginal movies certainly wouldn't have suffered from - you'd have to be as negligent as the MCcanns to show anyone under the age of 9/10 or so the original movies. Probably the reason as to why there's no religious artifact this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                        Actually, a Crystal Skull sounds like some sort of artifact you'd find in a Saturday morning kid's cartoon show. You could say based on your assumption that a number of movies would remind you of he-man, simply because the word "skull" features in the title.
                        Calm down fella. I'm just saying thats why it reminded me personally of it.

Comment

Come on girls, lets stop moaning about the title and explore how ace the film could be, all thanks to crystal skulls and that. Check out this link below - the skulls are linked with Atlantis, Knights Templar and all kinds of other cool ****. Also, the bit that particularly rocks the bells for me is when you put one of them into the liquid and it disappears. And one of them is called the Skull Of Doom. If I ever go back to being a heavy metal singer, I am going to call my band Skull Of Doom.

Comment

Lol

I don't think the title is any more/less cheesy than any of the others. It fits in quite nicely.

No matter what happens i'm getting advanced preview tickets to this. I don't think they would have done it unless they had the right story to tell, its taken them years to get it off the ground.

The one thing I really hope though is they don't use it as a launch pad to some modern spin off.

Comment

I checked out that wiki skull reference a few weeks ago actually.

I can't pull myself away from the full size pic of that skull. It's even set as my desktop bkg. I'm drawn to it for some weird reason and usually stare at it whilst drinking my coffee every morning.

I used to be into gemstones as a lad (girly I know), so maybe that has something to do with it.

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                              Actually, a Crystal Skull sounds like some sort of artifact you'd find in a Saturday morning kid's cartoon show.
                              One of them was featured in an episode of MASK.

These certainly are fascinating artifacts.

Last edited by dataDave; 12-09-2007, 11:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                                Crystal skulls rock. Read up on them
                                Have to agree mate. I've been reading up on them ever since i was able to read. I think they are very unique and compelling, almost mystically bound by some ancient black magic.

Maybe i'm just sad, but i really do think their history is fascinating and - if the films is based around these - then my excitement has suddenly become unbearable. Absolutely love these classic films, lets hope they pull this off aye.
                                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Working...
                                X