No announcement yet.

Seen any good Kung-Fu flicks of late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No thats also called One Armed Boxer 2, as you say it's an epic film also the film where Capcom got half their Street Fighter 2 characters from.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      also the film where Capcom got half their Street Fighter 2 characters from.
      now thats a gem of knowledge! A* sir.

Comment

Anuy body seen any really shockingly s**t films recently? i do enjoy a bit of s**t

example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC2jV...yer_embedded#!

Comment

Shockingly ****e? It's non kung fu, called Birdemic. People were hyping it up as 'so bad it's good' but after a few minutes I concluded that was wrong, very wrong.

I've seen that fight scene you linked, I have to say some of the most hilariously bad fights I've ever seen have been in 70s/80s Bollywood films. Even saw one with a Bruce Lee imperonator, it was hilarious.

Oh yeah Ip Man 2-saw this yesterday. Liked it and enjoyed it while viewing but the more I thought about it afterwards I kept noticing flaws. In some ways I liked it more than the first film due to the Japanese occupation in the original being some sad stuff but I think the choreography was better in the first film. Good to see Sammo in the sequel but gutted that Fan Siu Wong had no fight scenes.

Comment

I watched Jet Li's The Master, after picking it up for £4. It's the HKL version too, so I've started watching it with the Bey Logan commentary, because I was only half-watching it the first time.

I'll report back when I've given it more attention!

Comment

Jets hat f***ing annoys me in that film! its this little stoooopd bike hat! not sure why it stuck in my mind so much...

@Shinobi- you've seen that fight!? alright! someone who watched more crap than me! Bollywood is a good call, ide like to see a musical fight scene.

look what i found!

Last edited by goldmouth; 19-05-2010, 16:15.

Comment

I've got two films called Black Belt. Don't think either of them are that one, though. One stars Ma Cheung (aka A Roaming Hero) and the other Pai Ying.

Comment

Got any poster? im a big fan of the old drawn artwork. Its always a good day when you pic up a movie and it says on the front that the image isnt actually from the film, its an artist rendition of the tittle....

...bad example since this ones real but it made me giggle.

Last edited by goldmouth; 19-05-2010, 16:44.

Comment

Good God. On this site it has a pic of that poster. The name next to it, and the year, correspond to the film I've got - this - even though the cast is totally different. They must have used a load of crappy aliases to market it over here. Corey Yuen is in it Supposed to be a decent basher, but I haven't watched it yet.

On the vengeance release of Blade of Doom (Everlasting Duel), the guy on the front, Adam Cheng, isn't even in it.

Comment

yer! i think ive stubbled upon something here, that sites got some gems as well. id like to know what black belts like...i bet its immense. I also like the way at the bottom of Jaws aof the dragon it says "COLOR", like when you look at it your eyes are lying to you by seeing it in black and white, Now thats marketing!

Comment

I watched the first couple of mins of each Black Belt to see if they're different films.

One was by Goldig Films and had text at the bottom about some of the audio being dodgy due to the rareness of the film (at least I think it was audio - I didn't have my bins on). It opened with a guy amongst a load of hanging punchbags.

The other opened with a sunset.

Different films, thankfully, and there seems to be loads of confusion on various sites about them being separate films, with cast lists mixed up and alternative titles messed about.

Comment

The Guy With Secret Kung Fu

LOL.

Toad belly and hop style.
                          Tangerine Dream soundtrack.
                          Fight on a Boat.
                          Fight with spears and swords.
                          Coffins flying through air.
                          Zombie Frankenstein demon.

Just ... lol.

We enjoyed it, but loads wouldn't. Fights were decent if unspectacular.

Comment

I think that's a little harsh, the film had an excellent mix of weirdness, zany humour and some creepy scenes but it was never over the top to the point of annoying. I really enjoyed it.

Comment

Big Wagon! Didn't say it was annoying, said it was lol and enjoyable. The fights weren't above C grade. And many skanks wouldn't like the music or zany bits.

Your attempt to d0DD = FAIL.

Comment

But I reckon most Kung Fu fans would enjoy it for what it was. You can't be an old Kung Fu fan and not be used to Tangerine Dream either. I just felt it was zany with out being over the top annoying voices zany. I'm no dodder

Comment

Working...
                                X