No announcement yet.

Seen any good Kung-Fu flicks of late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbeatable - Chinese MMA movie with a lot of training montages. A lot.

Comment

Shinobi Code:

Comment

Rise of a Legend.
        The story of Wong Fei Hung before he became folklore.
        Sammo Hung kickin' some rump!

Comment

Wrath of Vajra:

Comment

Those last 2 look amazing!

Comment

Whilst we're waiting for John Wick to come out over here, it might be worth checking out Marko Zaror in "Redeemer.
              Watch the clip in this link, where he takes down a cabin full of gangsters.
              It's not high budget, but the action is clear and there's some inventive shots such as where the camera goes through the window and the action is tracked behind a wall.

Updates on martial arts movies, action movies, and the latest on stunts and action directors who keep the action genre going.

Comment

Die Fighting

Comment

Think there must be something wrong with me.. The non Asian films look terrible... Yes, they're talented chaps and maybe the films are not made on the highest budget but they do nothing for me at all. Seems to be an influx of these stuntmen/parkour/trickers films at the moment, all much of a muchness.

Can't go wrong with Sammo Hung though.

Comment

The Die Fighting trailer does feel a little bit like a showreel to demonstrate their various skills, but it looks inventive, at least.

You're right about Sammo though!

Comment

I was watching some russian made MMA style bloodsport rip off the other day on youtube.. same sort of thing, lots of crazy kicking and flipping skills but so outlandish it was wrong.

I think I'm yearning for the more Steven Seagal style of clinical brutality. Bourne films nailed this, and the new Reeves film looks like it might do the same (all over a puppy though?).

Comment

Yeah QC, stop posting these sh1t trailers

On the real though, they look ok. I feel like the MA genre needs another kick up the arse. The last film to feel like a breakthrough to me was Ong Bak, yeah ok, The Raid was decent but still lacked that impact. People talk like it was bring something new but other than Iko Uwais being slightly more charismatic than Tony Jaa (and thats not saying a lot about Jaa, I've seen more charisma from a self confessed homicidal peado) and some inventive camera shots . . . you'd kinda seen it all before. People also talk about the brutality but a lot of the blows landed in Ong Bak look just as brutal IMHO.

Comment

What's needed is a new ninja film. That's all.

Comment

Godfrey Ho produced all the nin-ja films you'll ever need.

Comment

"Why Don't You Play in Hell?" trailer

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                "Why Don't You Play in Hell?" trailer
                                That's more like it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X