No announcement yet.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As great as the show is I think it's struggled as it has a really slow pace and ultimately isn't like many casual viewers would expect it to be. Hopefully a Season 3 would mix things up a lot with more action as to be honest, if it's renewed, it'd be more off the back of Terminator Salvation than the networks love of the series

Comment

Just finished watching Season 1 this evening on Bluray - thought it was excellent if cut hideously short.

Big fan of the Terminator films and found this to be a good alternative to T3 which they managed to explain in a round about sort of way.

Looking forward to the Season 2 Bluray but will have to make do with what I can find for the one being.

Comment

not a bad ending to the season (on virigin last night) considering they had to end it semi cliffhanger semi closed as they aren't sure if they are coming back.

best thing in the show by far is Summer Glau, not only is she incredibly pretty but I love the way she portrays Cameron, its a pretty good physical performance as she never blinks or shows facial expression and walks in that clunky way (I know this also describes Jason Statham, except the pretty bit).

they definitely missed a cheap trick in where they got John Connor to put his hand inside to check her nuclear cooling unit, I can think of a couple of easy entry points but it may have got a bit 'special interest'.

I'd like to see this back but suspect its finished on the basis of US ratings, which were very poor

Comment

I still can't shake the feeling that I'm looking at Sigourney Weaver in her twenties - the resemblance is uncanny

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
            I also dont think the season was too slow, the first season was 9 episodes and it moved along fast but was nowhere near as exciting as the second season. Also there wernt that many filler eps, the show is alot faster paced than somthing like heroes in regards to the main story.
            What? Did we watch the same show? Heroes' problem is it moves too fast. Some of the SCC filler episodes this season were mind numbingly poor. I would've given up had I not heard it could be finishing. Its been cringe worthy at times. Sarahs god awful monlogues, all that three dots **** that went nowhere, the new Kyle Reese (my god the casting in this show has been dodgy).

Anywhoo, fascinating ending. It was going somewhere after all. Very cute although I can't really make any sense if it. Either 1.

we are to assume John comes back afterwards and neglects to mention any of this in T3/4

or

this is the writers take on how he came to lead and they're completely ignoring the movies

. I don't know anything about the salvation plot but

we seem to have a 30 ish Connor fighting very early Terminators whereas TSCC have a teenage John arriving at their most advanced.

Basically this all goes to prove James Camerons films should've probably been left alone. Its all got way too complicated and as soon as you have people jumping through time willynilly Johns importance becomes pretty irrelevant.

Comment

It's dead

Comment

oh man, where will I get my summer fix now maybe joss can squeeze her into dollhouse.

Comment

mixed feelings for me, it was ok but in a way I'm glad its over as as it was one of those progs I watched out of habit rather than because it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by MyNameIsBruce View Post
                    oh man, where will I get my summer fix now maybe joss can squeeze her into dollhouse.
                    You can catch a glimpse on the Big Bang Theory

Comment

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy??

Bloody Fox, seriously, can't they let anything run?

Really enjoyed the season finale (in fact the final 4 episodes were very good) but it did feel like the middle of the season could have done with that same sense of progression and plot development.

Maybe if it had been a 13 episode season (easily could have fit the important bits into a 13 ep run) and then had another 13 for season 3.

Derek died, WTF!! Couldn't believe that!! Was just like 'ooh, run into the house. Oh ****, I'm dead!!' And I can't say I was too sad about Riley dying. What an annoying be-atch

Comment

Just finished watching the whole series, can't believe they cancelled it, I think it's a great show and it still had lot's of potential .

Comment

Originally posted by Sane View Post
                          Just finished watching the whole series, can't believe they cancelled it, I think it's a great show and it still had lot's of potential .
                          To quote myself

"Given the last few Eps, either it was a show that knew it was finished and thus prepared for it or........It was a hell of a lot better than a lot of people gave it credit for."

I'd actually expand on that and suggest that it was, from day one, a hell of a lot better than most gave it credit for. It's certainly my preferred time line continuance.

Comment

Working...
                          X