The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
    Has it actualy been mentioned that John created the resistance? I know he leads it but who said he created it?
    well, perhaps not created, but became prominent and rose to lead it. in this particular timeline/alternate universe whatever you want to call it. thats how i saw it.

he does start it at the end of the third movie, kind of?

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post

I think in the new movie, he's just a grunt rising to prominence.

I liked the ending, and it makes sense. Every time someone comes back, the future is changed. The timeline has become so ****ed, you had characters coming back to the present who met up with different versions of future friends.

What we have here, is John appears and knows about the terminators, and has been trained to take on the situation. He'll need to prove himself and eventually have people believing in him. In many ways, it ties in very nicely with the Salvation title of the new movie
      This show has nothing to do with the new movie though, the movie takes place after Terminator 3, where john clearly survives judgment day at the end and goes about creating the resistance.

The ending of this show is actualy nothing to do with the new movie at all.

Comment

It's a shame to hear about this show facing the axe. It always seemed to get good reviews whenever I read about it, although its struggles to get decent viewing figures was always noted as well.

As I've still not seen an episode of this, Season 1 of TSCC is on my list of DVD Box Sets to try and get hold of...would it still be worth doing so now? Will a Season 2 DVD Box Set even see the light of day now?
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 12-04-2009, 17:43.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
          This show has nothing to do with the new movie though, the movie takes place after Terminator 3, where john clearly survives judgment day at the end and goes about creating the resistance.

The ending of this show is actualy nothing to do with the new movie at all.
          I know man, I was just pointing out that in the movie, John doesn't start off as the great leader, he becomes it (I'm guessing anyway, not seen it obviously). As I think McG said in an Empire interview, you can't realistically have John emerge from the bunker at the end of T3 and be in charge of the resistance - I think the quote was something along the lines of "An ex SAS soldier won't take orders from him" or something like that.

With the TV show, we've just another variation of that. The interesting thing here is how young he is, so it will be even harder for him to rise to prominence. But then maybe that's the point, maybe he isn't pre-ordained to be the great leader, and different circumstances may change his future. Though I think the TV show was about the inevitability of the war. This future may be quite different to the original one where John was the leader - after all, Shirley took him there, and there's a whole new AI walking around that, presumably, is more human-friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            It's a shame to hear about this show facing the axe. It always seemed to get good reviews whenever I read about it, although its struggles to get decent viewing figures was always noted as well.

As I've still not seen an episode of this, Season 1 of TSCC is on my list of DVD Box Sets to try and get hold of...would it still be worth doing so now? Will a Season 2 DVD Box Set even see the light of day now?
            Without question. I wouldn't count the show down and out just yet. I think it's on the bubble, so they'll see how the movie does and make a decision after that.

Comment

might sound a bit strange, but its a shame they never got Michael Biehn in for the last episode, some special effects to make him look younger especially if its going to be the last (i hope not) - little bit of fan service

also watched 3 episodes to catch up tonight and i was surprised at how easily

Derek was killed

Comment

It was always a kind of hard sell that this 16 year old kid could become a grizzled revolutionary, when the people around him protecting him were always far more experienced and capable.

So

I like how they implied that John's importance isn't due to military aptitude but his understanding of the machines.. like the war can only be won by turning the machines against themselves. It all makes logical sense.. more so that John is directly taken to the point in time where he needs to be once his skills have developed, rather than have another 5-10 years of trying to survive assassination attempts.

I was a bit confused at the very end -

the Cameron that we saw was the original human Cameron, right? That was the only reason I could think of for showing her cuddling an alsation.. which harks back to that episode where Cameron had an identity crisis and started remembering things from someone's real life. So that means that the real Cameron at some point got captured and a terminator was made in her appearance, which John hacked/converted back to the resistance side? That's a bit creepy.

I'm also unclear on John Henry's fate. They pretty much said that he wasn't portable.. so how did he get up and disappear into the future? Is that why Cameron gave him her chip?

Comment

there was an episode where we saw the cameron terminator interrogating the human cameron to learn how to be her. the identity crisis bit came when the terminator got confused about which bits were actually her.

john henry didnt have a chip, cos the connors took it when they burried him in the desert. thats why he needed that huge computer behind him.
                  i assume she let him use hers, but john seems to think she will still be saved on it too? i thought he might have overwritten her...that bit is a bit weird.

Comment

Cheers, that clears up my confusion!

Of course, with the way they have left it.. it can't really be called the Sarah Connor chronicles any more as her part in it seems to be finished, so yeah, my money is on it being the end.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                      might sound a bit strange, but its a shame they never got Michael Biehn in for the last episode, some special effects to make him look younger especially if its going to be the last (i hope not) - little bit of fan service

also watched 3 episodes to catch up tonight and i was surprised at how easily

Derek was killed
                      The guy who played kyle Reese had already been in other episodes so it would have ruined the consistancy of the show if Micheal beihn suddenly appeared. I dont think it would have worked.

Comment

I wish they'd cast someone who could grow a real beard as Kyle Reese

Comment

I saw it more as :

He has jumped in time, so wasn't around when the war broke out as he was in the future. Thats why they don't know who john connor is.
                          If it continues, i guess we will see why John Henry / Cameron jumped into the future and John returning to the past to his normal timeline to continue his training etc...
                          I also wonder if cameron has a robovagina

I think its a great series, it just doesn't happen fast enough. It feels stretched out over the length of a 22 episode series. As much as i love it, i do feel it could be more focused and a better show if the series were half as long.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                            I saw it more as :

He has jumped in time, so wasn't around when the war broke out as he was in the future. Thats why they don't know who john connor is.
                            If it continues, i guess we will see why John Henry / Cameron jumped into the future and John returning to the past to his normal timeline to continue his training etc...
                            I also wonder if cameron has a robovagina

I think its a great series, it just doesn't happen fast enough. It feels stretched out over the length of a 22 episode series. As much as i love it, i do feel it could be more focused and a better show if the series were half as long.
                            it would be a great set up for a third season

John searching for camerons chip in a furure where the resistance is losing badlky as it has no leader while Sarah tries to find a way to get him back (though not sure how that would work)

But I tend to think the writers had no real hope for a new season so warpped it up with a new take on how John became the leadre of the resistance and survived judgment day.

I also dont think the season was too slow, the first season was 9 episodes and it moved along fast but was nowhere near as exciting as the second season. Also there wernt that many filler eps, the show is alot faster paced than somthing like heroes in regards to the main story.
                            Last edited by rmoxon; 15-04-2009, 23:50.

Comment

Any news on it being picked up for a third series, would be a real real shame if it didnt one of my fav tv shows for along time.

Comment

Sounds like we'll know in May whether it's being picked up for a third (final?) series:

The next few weeks look to be tense ones for fans of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. On the heels of EW.com's Michael Ausiello reporting the show is cancelled, those associated with the series say this is still not the case. FOX announces their 2009-2010 schedule on May 18th at the Upfronts, and it continues to look like we won't know the official announcement until that week.

Like so much else they days, the rebuttals to the cancellation stories are coming via Twitter. io9.com points out a recent Twitter update by Terminator writer Ashley Edward Miller, who says, "Time for Ausiello's semi-annual SCC termination report. False again. (Remember "sets were destroyed" report? Now you know context, people)." Miller is referring both to times in the past when Ausiello believed the show was not continuing (including mid-way through Season 2) and also reports unrelated to him saying the proof that the show was cancelled was that the sets have been torn down.

Fans of the show know this was a dubious statement, given the only permanent sets the show had recently were for Catherine Weaver's office, and based on the events of the Season 2 finale, those probably wouldn't be needed again.

Terminator showrunner Josh Friedman meanwhile Twittered, "Waiting for Michael Ausiello to tell me what I'm supposed to do now with my career."

They go on to talk a little about the future plans. Hope this happens

Comment

Working...
                                X