No announcement yet.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave up after the first four rather average episodes, however since picking it up again yesterday I must say by the end of the season I was really impressed and wanting more. In episode 5 it starts to introduce some more interesting links back to the main Terminator story, then by the end it actually fits into the Terminator cannon rather well (so long as you don't look too deeply, the timelines really don't fit despite being an alternative time).

I initially gave up because it seemed it would be a different Terminator chasing John and Sarah every week, however it shifts into a much grander scale in the later half of the season (and somewhat darker too) and becomes a lot more enjoyable for it. The writing and acting also improves the further in you get.

Not the best thing on TV by any means, but the way it ends sets up what should be a much better, and hopefully much more consistant, second season.

Comment

I have to say the last episode was all kinds of great even with Dan from Eastenders! he wasn't too bad at all either. After a shaky start I'm actually a bit fond of this.

Comment

Yeah he seems to pop up in the most random of places (cliffhanger??).

Don't know if a second season has been given the greenlight yet, hope it does.

Comment

Recorded it, and watch first program. No subtitles, so it get deleted. So DVD boxset might have them ? Should I bother ?

Comment

I just started watching this and all I can think about is how the girly terminator (Summer Glue?) looks almost exactly like Sigourney Weaver - spookily so. Is she actually her daughter masquerading under a different name?

Comment

I love this, granted, it wouldnt be half as interesting if that Summer lass wasnt in it

Comment

Season 2 started yesterday in the US incase anyone forgot about it

So so episode.

Liquid metal terminator is back!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                  Season 2 started yesterday in the US incase anyone forgot about it

So so episode.

Liquid metal terminator is back!

And we had the pleasure of the poor acting skills of

Shirley Manson

Comment

Oh yeh, don't remind me :/

Comment

Enjoyable episode though, John seemed more likeable in this episode than any episode in Season 1.

The end was cool, though Summer is the only Terminator with any kind of acting ability (which really is saying something!)

Comment

I thought this show really stepped up a notch with episode 4 of season 2. So far S2 has felt mostly just like filler stuff, but with ep. 4 the character of the terminator is getting way more interesting. I guess there's only so much you can do story-wise with an unresponsive machine, so they've introduced this whole paranoia/glitch/identity confusion thing so you really don't know what's going on inside it's head.

Nice to see Summer getting a chance to act properly for a change too.

Comment

not seen season 2 yet but there was a story on digital spy yesterday rumouring that this is going to get the chop mid season as the network feels it destroying the audience for prison break.

Comment

Im really really loving this, i watched season one rewatched it on bluray just before season 2 started. Its really really good, the direction they are taking season two so far is very interesting. Im a huge terminator fan and i dont mind the liberty taken with the cannon of the films, the whole thing has shown there is lots more that could be done with the terminator universe and it will be interesting to see how the new film turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                              not seen season 2 yet but there was a story on digital spy yesterday rumouring that this is going to get the chop mid season as the network feels it destroying the audience for prison break.
                              Im sure prison breaks convoluted plots and lack of likeable characters are doing a fine job of making the show lose veiwers on their own.

As for this, season 2 has been great so far though the last episode where

Cammeron starts to think she is human for apparently no reason

was porobabaly the worst episode of the show they have made, there was no real explination for why

she went a bit mental at that point in time and then why she suddenly snapped back out of it. Seemed to be having random post/pre war robot anxiety attacks

Comment

I assumed that was all part of a bigger story line and will be explained in due course... I liked it anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                                X