No announcement yet.

The Gadget Show (C5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just about to ask if there's an app like that for the iPhone, thanks.

Comment

has Suzy been growing a beard whilst off ?

Comment

Suzy "Shame about the beard, 2 1/2 G's" Perry, you mean?

Comment

her face looks like a kiwi fruit on the roller coaster segments.

Comment

£19 roller coaster simulator. Awesome... I imagine it's the sort of thing you see next to the Poppets and Closer magazine at the checkout in Morrisons.

Comment

I just watched a Gadget Show report on CRT vs LCD (not a single mention of PDP). It was so pig-ignorant that I actually wanted to hit them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                I just watched a Gadget Show report on CRT vs LCD (not a single mention of PDP). It was so pig-ignorant that I actually wanted to hit them.
                I saw that it was a joke, no mention of SXRD either

Comment

That segment was a little puke inducing I agree.

Comment

The best part was a shot of the bald guy saying "The only good thing about a CRT TV is the noise it makes when it hits the ground". Seconds later, the camera panned around to show the sides of the LCD TV, and the poor viewing angle meant that all the colour on the screen dropped off

I know that the show is made for a mass market audience, but couldn't they at least explain stuff like "CRT TV has better blacks and has clearer motion"?

Comment

haha, good to see its still up to usual standard, I found months ago only way to not get annoyed was to not watch it.

picked up the official show mag in WH Smiths yesterday but made myself put it down before reading it, probably got a section for the best sit on lawn mower review which was won by the iphone

Comment

Is it me, or should Jason Bradbury have gone to Specsavers? Maybe he's got those big specs to check out Suzi Perry's legs...

I saw Jon Bentley on the streets on Birmingham once and said "hello". Nice chap.

However, I would really really like to see Jon Bentley have a fight with Giles Brandreth.

Comment

Jon Bentley looks like something created by Jim Henson

Comment

It can be entertaining and John Bentley's bits are usually a cut above the rest. But I agree the dumbing down of some of their 'testing' is painful viewing. They do occasionally feature some interesting stuff though, particularly in relation to gaming.

However, a little of Jason Bradbury goes a long way, hyperactive enthusiam coupled with tiresomely unamusing banter gets very annoying, very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Is it me, or should Jason Bradbury have gone to Specsavers? Maybe he's got those big specs to check out Suzi Perry's legs...

I saw Jon Bentley on the streets on Birmingham once and said "hello". Nice chap.

However, I would really really like to see Jon Bentley have a fight with Giles Brandreth.
                              I saw Jon Bentley at a recent photography show at the NEC, there on his own accord as opposed to representing the show. As said above, really nice guy and stopped to have a chat with me. Seemed really taken aback that I'd asked for an autograph and photo with him!

Comment

My mate saw him in Bromsgrove. Apparently JB was taking his daughter to ballet school, but even so he stopped and chatted with my mate. Sounds like a really decent guy by all accounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X