No announcement yet.

The Gadget Show (C5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I'm on my own in preferring the new format then. I see TGS as a more Top Gear than Fifth Gear approach to the subject and the world tour approach gives it more scope. Five presenters is way too much for any show. I never liked that cock Otis and the pedo-looking guy never fit in. Suzi is a good presenter but Jason and Polly always had the best chemistry. Jason is a nice guy and very watchable and Polly throws herself into it with a genuine interest. It's all just a bit of fun. Did anyone really ever look to the gadget show for serious in depth tech reviews? That computer you're looking it is a much better option.

Comment

I agree with you about Ortis - complete bell-end. However calling Jon Bentley "pedo-looking" is just wrong in every way. The chemistry was always between Suzi and Jason, PA was a very late addition, the TV presenter equivalent of the new, younger model clearly bought into to replace the middle-aged one.TV sexism at its most obvious. Maybe Suzi Perry wanted to go, I don't know, but just like the BBC's MotoGP coverage where she was replaced by a short lived, barely competent, girly, whipper-snapper the show hasn't been the same since.

Comment

Re: The Gadget Show (C5)

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
        Haven't seen it in ages, but Pollyanna does it for me more than Suzi any day. I can think of at least two good reasons for starters.......

To be truly impartial, I'd have to bone both Suzi and Pollyanna before giving them their G-rating.

I'm fair like that.

Suzi was hosting some Littlewoods Live thing online the other week and she was really professional throughout. Completely held the thing together.

Comment

Working...
        X