No announcement yet.

Ashes to Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! That's was stunning! I never watch the next episode bits, but I had to after all that!

Comment

This show is one of those that at the back of my mind, and sometimes obviously in script and delivery, is terrible.....but i'm enjoying it to some extent.

Comment

Sadly, I'm now pretty sure that Sam isn't going to appear in the finale which will no doubt forever bug me as a missed opportunity to bring it all full circle. I'm still curious that Chris has avoided all the weirdness this series.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
          I'm still curious that Chris has avoided all the weirdness this series.
          The focus on Chris was during the end of last season, with the

Corruption arc

and his relationship with Shaz in this one. He played a large part in the undercover one too.

Comment

I enjoyed Fridays penultimate ep but it was a tad disappointing that it was fairly standard fare and didn't add or answer anything. Ahead of the big finish I'm generally sticking with my 'she's dying' theory as going off the evidence it seems to best fit explaining the other characters coming to terms with their issues, the stars and her fixation on Sam Tyler.

Comment

Wow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                Wow!!!!
                There are a thousand ways to sum up the finale, the above fits it best. Seriously I haven't stopped discussing it with people all morning.

Comment

"I'm arresting you for murdering my Quattro..."

Comment

In itself it was a good ending to Ashes with everyone getting an ending but as far as it's over connection to Life on Mars goes I'll never consider it canon as it just doesn't fit at all. Sure it crosses it's t's and dot's it's i's when it comes to matching details but Life's ending was perfect and this ruined the magic of that ending (especially as when Life ended it was written as the true ending).

It might explain stuff but for it strayed way too far into the fantasy realm and felt like it was compromising it's own rule set. The handling of Keats and the explaination behind Gene was god awful.

That said I still enjoyed it overall but it cemented Ashes place as more of an unofficial remake of Life than a proper valid continuation of it's universe.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to post after I'd seen this!

Yeah, top telly! All the questions were answered and it all made sense.

Great show and fantastic characters. I thought Gene's story was great, and added extra weight to him.

Well done, BBC!

It also beat Lost to the punchline too...

Comment

Working...
                      X