T4/Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any Terminator movie not rated R is not a Terminator movie

As soon as the kid in T2 ordered Arnie not to kill anyone it ruined the film for me - I want mindless carnage/killing in an Arnie movie thanks very much

Comment

It's funny how they make a PG-13 film when the main enemies are human killing machines.

CHUD debating this film:

TAG TEAM REVIEW: TERMINATOR SALVATION

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post

As soon as the kid in T2 ordered Arnie not to kill anyone it ruined the film for me - I want mindless carnage/killing in an Arnie movie thanks very much
        I felt the exact same, kind of a lame excuse.

Comment

It seems to be coming the norm James Bond and even Die Hard 4. Really want the unedited version on BR as you can see a mile off how badly edited it is for PG13.

Simple solution make em unrated

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post

Terminator is now rated 15 .......
            This movie is a pile of Bale's Ego

Comment

*sob*

Can't even bring myself to haul my sorry carcass to the flicks to watch it now.

Comment

It's got a glowing 4/5 review in Empire so it's not looking bad.

Comment

The script for this, is by the co-writers of CatWoman. I think i've said enough.

(Even though, i'll probably might watch it at some point, i guess).

Comment

Originally posted by wonderboy View Post
                    The script for this, is by the co-writers of CatWoman. I think i've said enough.

See, I read SFX today and the article said the original script was written by them but it was then taken by Joseph McGinty Nichol (so he does have a real name) and Jonathan Nolan (who wrote the screenplays for Dark Knight and Prestige and who is brother of Christopher 'Batman Reboot' Nolan) and pretty much rewrote it from scratch.

Which, to be fair, is exactly what I would do if the writers of Catwoman had written a script for a movie I was directing

The article has made me rather excited to see this though. The excitement that the director has for the film and Terminator in general did seem to come across very well in the article so it seems that it isn't just a 'get da moniez' type film.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderboy View Post

And Nolan, behind The Dark Knight, done a rewrite.

Some people are being far too dismissive of this before seeing it. Trailer looks good, Empire like it. I think it's got some hate because the director made Charlies Angels, and people are hating on Bale because of his outburst, and the fact we can't have a successful actor in this country without wanting to knock him down a peg or two. Bale hasn't made a poor film in a long time. He chooses his films carefully, and puts everything into them.

It may turn out to be ****, but if this was a game, people here would be screaming "Play it before judging it!". So give it a try, maybe you'll enjoy it

I'm going in with an open mind

Comment

I generally do watch everything in the end. It's not Bale or even the director, that had me wondering. I think watching the tv show, the the trailers. When i saw big mech like terminators, bike terminators and underwater ones. It didn't feel terminator like. Felt more like transformers (which i have seen). When i read the writers where the above, it didn't feel me with much confidence. Still like i said, i'll end up seeing it, maybe it'll surprise me !

I had a look at the imdb, i didn't see Nolan down on the credits ?

Comment

My comment wasn't aimed at you, other than the bit saying Nolan rewrote the script. There are a couple of really quite daft comments in this thread, it was aimed at them

I'd not worry too much about Nolan not getting credited with the writing, the WGA have ridiculous rules as to who can and cannot get a credit on a film. Bale brought him in, I think it was part of his deal that he'd get Nolan to rewrite if he was to appear in it.

Comment

No problem !

Yeah, Hollywood can be strange, for rules. Even who they pick to write and direct most times. I was just thinking, my only worry for Hollywood, in the future of Sci-Fi (and most/some action films). Would be too many films based on established material, like Terminator. The fun in these movies, is to take you somewhere you've never been/seen before. The adventure of following our heroe(s) and heroine(s) into uncharted lands or experience. So sometimes it feels like we've all been here before..?

So what we all want to see from Hollywood. Is new films, from new franchises and trilogies, based on new adaptations and ideas. There must be loads of sci-fi writers, books and scripts out there. Where are the new Aliens, Terminators, Predators, Star Wars, Bladerunners and Matrixssss..?

Comment

Marketing rules in Hollywood. And the ludicrous cost of producing (Hollywood) films means that a recognisable brand will always get green lit ahead of untested stuff.

Comment

Some people are being far too dismissive of this before seeing it. Trailer looks good, Empire like it. I think it's got some hate because the director made Charlies Angels, and people are hating on Bale because of his outburst, and the fact we can't have a successful actor in this country without wanting to knock him down a peg or two. Bale hasn't made a poor film in a long time. He chooses his films carefully, and puts everything into them.
                                I have absolutely nothing against Bale, I think he's one of the best actors around and I even enjoyed Charlies Angels. I had such high hopes following the trailer I was expecting this to get amazing reviews across the board - I'm still planning on seeing it at the big screen though.

Has Nolan agreed to do the final two films?

Comment

Working...
                                X