Iron Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiz View Post
    why is everybody so surprised that women are liking it?
    Mrs Broon loves comic book adaptations

but she has went crazy mental for this one over everything else

when the missus points out Stan Lee, then you realise you are married to a woman who may have a fetish for comic books

Comment

Just got back from seeing this and thought it was great too. Only slightly miffed at one thing.

Iron man kicks absolute arse throughout and its incredible, but the final fight he gets his arse kicked. I agree with Wil, it would've been better if Iron Man had beaten him rather than a massive explosion.

Didn't ruin it, mind, up there with Spiderman 2 I reckon.

Comment

Indeed, I'm glad that there are still people who like the Spiderman films after the 3rd one (which I actually still enjoyed very much)

Comment

Just got back from seeing this, loved it. Was actually surprised as I wasn't expecting much! Great action though, one of the best marvel films to date bar none.

Comment

Spider-Man 2 is my fav superhero movie. If people are saying its almost as good as that, its making me more pumped to see it.

SOT reminded me of one of my fav funny pics.

Comment

It was bit slower than I expected and the Iron Man action wasn't as much as I expected, but when Iron Man was on screen it was brilliant. Awesome CGI, take note Incredible Hulk, thanks to ILM. Overall I liked it and will be there at the sequel.

Comment

Loved the movie, blah blah, not a massive fan of the franchise but know enough about it to pick up on this. Did anyone else notice that

both "bad" guys, Raza and Obadiah wore big rings, maybe not the same but both had big rings on, all the way though I thought this would be some Mandarin referance, but nothing came from it.

Comment

Yeah I think it's all massive fan service / hints for the sequel.

Between all the ring fiddling (oo-er) the bad guys are called the 10 Rings (so one for each finger) I'd say it's a cert.

Good news because there's not enough blinged up supervillans these days

Comment

Thought it was perhaps the best 'comic book/superhero' adaptation for a long time. Made a change to have a decent actor playing the lead protagonist for once Surpassed my expectations, thought it was great.
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

now i havent read all the thread so this may have been covered

but what happens at the end of the credit for those who stayed

apparently there is a sequence with Sam Jackson as Nick Fury

Comment

From what I remember, you know there was that Bloke, kept pestering Tony about a meeting with some real long name, blah blah blah and everyone says change it. Well near the end of the film the same guy mentions they have changed it to SHIELD now. And I was like damnnnn I know SHIELD with that Nick Fury...

So...

After the Credits Tony at home, ate at night and he see's a guy and he's like "Rhody" or something... and the "guy" turns round says some like "We should have a meeting", or maybe like "Nick Fury, from SHIELD".

Something Crazy like that and it turns out to be

Jackson with an eye patch on

and that's it.

From what I remember anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Gruce View Post

After the Credits Tony at home, ate at night and he see's a guy and he's like "Rhody" or something... and the "guy" turns round says some like "We should have a meeting", or maybe like "Nick Fury, from SHIELD".

He says "I'm here to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative" - i.e, he is asking him to join/form the Avengers

Last edited by SharkSkin-Man; 03-05-2008, 22:59.

Comment

Just saw it, loved it. I especially liked the absence of a convoluted introductory credits sequence like in Spiderman, Fantastic 4, etc.

CGI was fantastic, loved the two robots (fire extinguisher!), but I did feel it was all over a bit too soon, but that's just down to the bulk of the film being used as the back-story (building the first suit) and preparation for what's to come. RDJ was great, he handled the cocky bits and the serious bits with finesse, and I thought the other actors were decent enough. Special mention goes to

Stan Lee who I think was supposed to be Hugh Hefner?

Comic fans will probably be able to help, but I can't help feeling

Pepper Potts will be the Mary Jane-esque kidnap-fodder for whichever baddie's in the spotlight?

I'm not an Iron Man fan or anything like that, so naturally can't comment on how well it's been adapted, but the fact that it didn't seem to have any bits where I had my head in my hands wondering which idiot Hollywood executive(s) thought it would be funny if they stuck Youtube or eBay in for a laugh was one of the good things I think has come from Marvel Studios' independence (I got goosebumps right at the start, where the familar comic book page-flipping-> Marvel logo had that extra word tacked on underneath).

Oh, from Wikipedia:

During filming, the actors were free to create their own dialogue (an uncommon practice in other big budget films) because pre-production was focused on the story and action.

Having chomped through six seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm, I was pretty much upon reading that!

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post

Stan Lee who I think was supposed to be Hugh Hefner?

That's correct but in the Credits

Stan Lee

is credited as Himself.

As far as length I thought it was fine, it had to be so long because of the back story like you say but I think there was just enough action and anymore it might have dragged on abit.

Comment

In the Wiki it says Stark mistakes Stan Lee for Hugh Hefner, which explains why he's credited as himself and not Hugh

One thing funny in the credits was that the comedian Ahmed Ahmed's in it, as Ahmed, so in the credits it was

Ahmed Ahmed Ahmed

Comment

Working...
                                X