X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also Larry Sanders was Awesome!

Comment

His last scene was great! I also loved

Hammer's lacky running away in the background when he was arrested!

biggest laugh of the movie for me! it was like a benny hill moment lol

Comment

I thought this was brilliant and every bit as good as the first. It's very similar in structure and pacing, but with lots more cool suit bits thrown in for good measure - pretty much an Iron Man fans wet dream.

Liked the bit after the credits with

Thor's Hammer

too.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
          I thought this was brilliant and every bit as good as the first. It's very similar in structure and pacing, but with lots more cool suit bits thrown in for good measure - pretty much an Iron Man fans wet dream.

Liked the bit after the credits with....
          Same mate! No one knew what it was, i had to explain to the people i went with and they like Marvel. Was excellent fanservice though, not as great as the previous film's after-ending. But nothing can top Samuel L Jackson's 2min appearence.
          Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 30-04-2010, 17:48.

Comment

It was funny, several people stayed behind. Three of four drifted off after ACDC finished playing () and there was about four or five left behind (us not included) for the scene.

After it was done I heard at least two of the hangers on go "What?!" and couldn't help but laugh.

I almost went "IT'S

THOR!!!!!!

" in a semi-fanboy moment, but imagined it would just get a similar reaction of "What?"

Comment

Need to figure out spoiler tags...

Comment

Spoil0rz!!!!111

Comment

Sorry - edited...

Comment

I'm sure there is a

Thor thread

around here somewhere - if not there should be!

I guess when one does pop up its will be pretty obvious what we are talking about though ... LOL!1

Comment

Just thought that myself - will hold back for a bit now...

Comment

Cheers for the (spoilered) impressions chaps. I'm off to watch this now at the IMAX, cannae wait!

Comment

I did the
                          shout just now at the cinema, but then I had to explain to my friend and her two little sisters who he is. They just stared at me, so I just kept repeating the description, adding things as I went. It started off as

he has that hammer

and ended up

he's like Owen Wilson in a metal hat with little wings on it and he bashes things with that hammer.

. When they asked if he's a goodie or a baddie, I simply replied

he's A GOD!

. I hope I got the point across. I'm not a
                          expert at all.

As for the film itself, I really enjoyed it. Scarlett Johansson had a fair few moves (and from what I could tell, not much stunt-doubling), Don Cheadle's replacement wasn't as weird a thing as I thought it would've been, Sam Rockwell was good old Sam Rockwell, and Mickey Rourke's Dame Edna sunglasses were epic.

Also, I think the Iron Man suit seems more bulky this time around, probably because RDJ actually had to be inside it for quite a few scenes, instead of the CGI head business of the first film.

Oh, and 9000+ bonus points for the possibly non-ironic use of the word 'mainframe' (twice, in fact, within about ten seconds of each other, too), although I sincerely hope they did that as a joke

And a few more points for DJ AM (RIP) laying down Robot Rock (at least he was meant to have done in the film). Seems you can't turn your head without bumping into some Daft Punk shoehorning jobby nowadays, but it made sense here. And it sounded epic on the cinema system
                          Last edited by randombs; 30-04-2010, 21:40. Reason: robot rock

Comment

I liked it. It dragged a bit in the middle and was lighter on action than I hoped, but I thought it redeemed itself in the last act.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              Unfortunately that wasn't the case. If you've seen the trailer, you've seen the film.

I liked the first the first. It's a bit minor to be a big action film, but has loads of charisma, and some exciting stuff, like the escape near the start and the jet flight sequence. So I was keen to see part 2.

And, well, it's a 2/5 for me. Plodding, pointless scenes. As I've said, all the key moments are in the trailer, so there was little coming along you don't already know about. Best bit was the car race sequence, raised a few laughs, well framed and staged. The end battle is a retread of the first film, and just as dull - though in the first film there are some imaginative shots, missing from this.

Felt rushed, under developed. Jumping from scene to scene, character to character, with no direction. Too many characters. No sense of danger. There are interesting ideas that get brushed aside and ignored.

Not impressed at all
                              Have to say I agree with all your points here, Im beginning to think Marvel are structuring their movies a bit TOO much like their comics whereby the plot and dialog take over TOO much from the action. Hulk, and Ironman 1 and 2 all have had pants action scenes IMO. I cant get hyped for Cap, Thor or Avengers now as I've lost a little faith in wham, bham thank you maam craziness.

The last film that got me proper pumped up in the cinema was Transformers 1. All the supposed blockbusters after that have left me cold.

For those of you who feel the same I highly, HIGHLY recommend you watch Kick ass as its a greater thrill ride, especially if you havent read the graphic novel and dont know what to expect. Admittedly its much smaller in scale than the other movies I;ve mentioned but probably better off as a result. The script is a killer.

Comment

Yeah, so I watched this yesterday and thought it was good but I enjoyed the first one alot more. I actually thought the star of the film was Sam Rockwell, really good performance.

Oh and Scarlett Johansson

Comment

Working...
                                X