Fringe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone still watching this?

I have a few episodes recorded on my Sky+ HD. Should I stick with it? I've seen the first three episodes so far, and it's OK not great in an X-files/lost like type stuff way really.

Bottom line - does it get any better?

Comment

Not me... I was the same, had a few queued up on the Sky+ HD, but deleted them the other day. Wasn't keeping my attention unfortunately.

Comment

I really like it now. Thought first couple where rubbish but its turning a different way from the Xfiles its more about an orginisation doing things to people and maybe aliens?

Comment

Hmmm, I'm not convinced. I don't think it's bad per se, but it hasn't really grabbed me. Switched over to Stephen Fry in America half way through this week's episode and didn't switch back! I'll stick with it but I don't think it's must-see TV.

Comment

I'd be tempted to leave them on my Sky's hard disc for a while, but you don't exactly get loads of space with it being HD!

Might watch another one at the week end then.

Unexpectedly, I'm starting to enjoy Sarah Conner Chronicles more at the moment (thought it was a bit meh at first).

Comment

Thats what I did I was about to give up after episode 2 but I watched the rest in last two nights on Sky HD and its much better seeing the rest in one go. I think it really starts going on episode 4 before that it was all abit meh for me which was a great episode (episode 6 just finished).
              Last edited by Guest; 23-12-2008, 20:04.

Comment

Watched the first 8 episodes of this yesterday, it's alright.
                One thing that did strike me is that some of the dialogue and scenarios are every formulaic, you hear the same things repeated over each episode.

Someone has died from [insert strange occurance]
                Have you seen anything like this before Dr Bishop?

"Yes, [unreleated demented comment]

NO DR! ABOUT THE MURDER!

OH, YES. It was an old project I worked on, but I'm not going to say anything else for another 25 minutes
                Last edited by EvilBoris; 27-12-2008, 16:16.

Comment

Got about six episodes piled-up now should I ditch 'em?

Comment

I'm quite enjoying it. The overall story arc is definitely becoming more intriguing

Comment

I dropped it after i watched the pilot, i thought it was dire.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                        Thats what I did I was about to give up after episode 2 but I watched the rest in last two nights on Sky HD and its much better seeing the rest in one go. I think it really starts going on episode 4 before that it was all abit meh for me which was a great episode (episode 6 just finished).

Someone has died from [insert strange occurance]
                        Have you seen anything like this before Dr Bishop?

"Yes, [unreleated demented comment]

NO DR! ABOUT THE MURDER!

OH, YES. It was an old project I worked on, but I'm not going to say anything else for another 25 minutes.
                        I've been loling over this for a while, now. Not least because I'm curious as to why Boris edited it

I've seen the first two eps, already feeling a bit samey, the only reason I held on this long was because I love the Doctor and the mad things he comes out with. His voice is great. Pacey annoys the heck out of me, though.

I was explaining the programme to my mate at work today and it sounded so ridiculous when I started listening to what I was saying:

"It's got the Lost guy involved in it, and stuff, and it's really cool, it's about FRINGE science, really cool things like that. In the first episode, right, the doctor aligns her brainwaves and she enters the guy's dream while on LSD in a pool of water!.... Yeah, sounds a bit mad, but the second episode was good, this guy got someone preggers and within a few minutes the baby was being cesarian'd out and then a few hours later it was 90 years old!"

I might just carry on a bit anyway as I've got a few weekly slots free nowadays, but I just bought this big Laurel and Hardy DVD collection from Zavvi today (?36, man!) so maybe I'll put it on hold for a few weeks...

Comment

Whoops, I think I must of edited Dazzys post instead of writing a reply. Doh!

Comment

LOL that's brilliant

Comment

I wondered wtf was going on when I came back to this thread on 23rd (had just finished the last episode to current break). Memorys been really bad for 1month so had hardly talked to anyone online as I was brain fogged (was RPG LR in bed thats it) and when I saw what was on my post I thought either Ive got a hell of alot worse as I dont remember putting that or some twats edited it and put stuff in it

I really enjoy how its ended and would quite happily buy the boxset each season BR. It took ages to get going and it can be abit generic but at least it hasnt followed exactly into Xfiles territory its more about something else.

Comment

I'll probably keep going with it, it's not like my week's full of dramas right now anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X